Synopsys' New Designware USB 2.0 nanoPHY IP to Cut Power and Size in Half
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. -- Feb. 6, 2006 -- Synopsys, Inc., a world leader in semiconductor design software, today announced the addition of the new DesignWare® USB 2.0 nanoPHY IP to its existing DesignWare USB 2.0 physical layer (PHY) product line. The new mixed- signal PHY IP builds on Synopsys' three years of leadership in successfully providing USB 2.0 PHY intellectual property (IP) in more than two dozen process node and configuration combinations. The new DesignWare USB 2.0 nanoPHY IP is tailored specifically for low-power consumption, small area, and high yield. It targets designers of mobile, high-volume consumer applications such as next generation handheld game machines, feature-rich smart phones, digital cameras, and portable audio and video players.
Over the last three to four years, designers have successfully integrated the USB 2.0 bus interface into many systems-on-chip (SoC) designs. The initial applications started with PCs and then moved into peripherals such as printers, scanners, and external hard drives that were typically plugged into a power source. However, as the bus standard has become more pervasive, it has been quickly adopted into a wide range of battery powered consumer applications that are more cost sensitive and require very low power.
"This new DesignWare USB 2.0 nanoPHY IP follows many years of success with our volume-proven USB PHY IP solution," said Guri Stark, vice president of Marketing, Solutions Group at Synopsys. "Our experience with leading semiconductor companies has enabled us to continuously innovate and address our customer's needs for low-power, cost-competitive IP that helps deliver high yield, reduced area and increased interoperability. As part of our complete USB IP solution, we expect the new PHY IP to be adopted in many cost- and power-sensitive designs for the competitive mobile and consumer market."
The new DesignWare USB 2.0 USB nanoPHY IP is expected to be available starting in Q1 of calendar 2006.
About DesignWare Mixed-Signal IP (MSIP)
Synopsys' comprehensive portfolio of high-performance mixed-signal PHY IP for the PCI Express®, SATA, XAUI and USB protocols, as well as a suite of I/O libraries, enables designers to quickly integrate high-performance interfaces into their next-generation systems-on-chips (SoCs). Available for industry-leading processes, the DesignWare MSIP portfolio meets the needs of today's high-performance SoC designs for the networking, storage, computing, and consumer electronics markets. The DesignWare MSIP offering is complemented by a comprehensive suite of digital controllers and verification IP to provide chip developers with a complete solution for SoC integration. Each MSIP can be licensed individually, on a fee-per-project basis, or users can opt for the Volume Purchase Agreement, which enables them to license all the MSIP in one simple agreement. For more information on DesignWare MSIP, visit www.synopsys.com/designware.
Synopsys, Inc. is a world leader in EDA software for semiconductor design. The company delivers technology-leading semiconductor design and verification platforms and IC manufacturing software products to the global electronics market, enabling the development and production of complex systems-on-chips (SoCs). Synopsys also provides intellectual property and design services to simplify the design process and accelerate time-to-market for its customers. Synopsys is headquartered in Mountain View, California and has offices in more than 60 locations throughout North America, Europe, Japan and Asia. Visit Synopsys online at http://www.synopsys.com .
Search Silicon IP
Search Verification IP
Synopsys, Inc. Hot Verification IP
- Synopsys DesignWare USB 2.0 NanoPHY and PCI Express PHY IP Achieve Compliance in SMIC's 130-NM Process Technology
- Synopsys DesignWare USB 2.0 nanoPHY and PCI Express 1.1 PHY IP First to Achieve Compliance in UMC's 65-Nanometer Process Technologies
- Synopsys Introduces Validated USB 2.0 nanoPHY IP for TSMC'S Nexsys 90-LP Process
- Synopsys' New Silicon-Proven DesignWare USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 femtoPHY IP Cut Area by 50 Percent
- Synopsys Collaborates with SMIC to Deliver USB Logo-Certified DesignWare USB 2.0 nanoPHY in SMIC's 65 Nanometer LL Process Technology
- Synopsys.ai Unveiled as Industry's First Full-Stack, AI-Driven EDA Suite for Chipmakers
- Veriest Solutions Promotes Dusica Glisic to Vice President of Frontend Engineering
- Report: Arm proposes change to IP royalty model
- Networking Chip Startup Enfabrica Emerges from Stealth Mode to Solve Scalability and Price-Performance Challenges for AI Growth in Cloud
- Tachyum To Use UCIe Interconnect Standards In Prodigy 2
- 2026 All-Time High in Store for Global 300mm Semiconductor Fab Capacity After 2023 Slowdown, SEMI Reports
- Designing MPUs/MCUs with Functional Safety
- MIPI A-PHY Specification Levels Up In-Vehicle Connectivity
- eMemory and UMC Expand Low-Power Memory Solutions for AIoT and Mobile Markets with 22nm RRAM Qualification
- Alphawave Semi Opens Pune Office, Continues Expansion into India
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|