Impinj and Convergence Systems Limited Announce OEM Licensing Agreement for RFID Readers
A key element of the Impinj GrandPrix™ Solution, the Speedway™ reader design fully supports the EPCglobal RFID Gen 2 standard mandated by prominent adopters of RFID technology worldwide. Speedway also exhibits unprecedented levels of performance and was one of the first RFID readers to receive the EPCglobal Hardware Certification Mark, assuring that products have been rigorously tested against defined global RFID standards.
“Cooperation among partners in the RFID ecosystem is an essential element of successful worldwide deployment of Gen 2 RFID technology,” said Dimitri Desmons, vice president of RFID marketing at Impinj. “Having CSL as an OEM partner for our Speedway reader enables Impinj to continue to deliver high-performance RFID solutions to end-customers worldwide.”
“We have received many inquiries from OEMs and systems integrators in Asia, as well as globally, asking us to build Gen 2 readers, antennas, embedded RF modules and customer tags. We believe that by licensing Impinj’s Speedway™ reader design, we can quickly provide these potential customers with the best available Gen 2 reader technology. We are on schedule to ship Gen 2 readers and antennas to our first OEMs customers in the first quarter of this year,” said Jerry Garrett, Managing Director of Convergence Systems, Ltd.
About Impinj, Inc.
Impinj, Inc. is a fabless semiconductor company whose patented Self-Adaptive Silicon® technology enables its two synergistic business lines: high performance RFID products and cost-effective semiconductor intellectual property (IP). A leading contributor to the RFID standards for high volume supply-chain applications worldwide, Impinj leverages its technical expertise and industry partnerships to deliver the GrandPrix™ solution, comprising tags, readers, software and systems integration to offer RFID that just works™. Impinj’s innovative IP products, core to the company’s RFID tags, are licensed to leading semiconductor companies worldwide, allowing them to cost-effectively integrate crucial nonvolatile memory (NVM) alongside analog and digital functionality on a single chip. Impinj's IP products include the popular AEON® memory family of products, which provide rewriteable NVM technology in logic CMOS manufacturing. For more information, visit www.impinj.com.
About Convergence Systems Limited
Founded in 2000, Convergence Systems Limited’s (CSL) is a leading engineering and manufacturer of RFID readers, antennas, RFID modules, and RFID tags. CSL’s readers have built-in middleware and edge server application software supporting iPx and EPC Gen 2 specifications. CSL was established to deliver a broad portfolio of RFID products to OEMs and system integrators in logistic management, supply chain, manufacturing, pharmacetuical, access control, asset and security management, transportation, and retail industries around the world. CSL is a member of EPCglobal. www.convergence.com.hk
Search Silicon IP
- Impinj's Gen 2 RFID Monza Tag Chips and Speedway Readers Earn EPCglobal Interoperability Certification
- Impinj, NEC TOKIN and NEC Partner to Deliver High Performance Gen 2 RFID Readers in Japan
- Impinj and RF IDentics Announce 25 Million UHF Gen 2 RFID Supply Agreement
- Impinj and Texas Instruments Announce RFID Gen 2 Supply Agreement
- Impinj and Alien Technology Announce Supply Agreement for RFID Chips
- GlobalFoundries and STMicroelectronics Finalize Agreement for New 300mm Semiconductor Manufacturing Facility in France
- Microchip Slashes Time to Innovation with Industry's Most Power-Efficient Mid-Range FPGA Industrial Edge Stack, More Core Library IP and Conversion Tools
- Consortium's Move Will Boost RISC-V Ecosystem, Thankfully
- Are Chiplets Enough to Save Moore's Law?
- Andes Technology Showcases Pioneering RISC-V CPU IP Solutions at RISC-V Summit Europe
- Nanusens announces that it can now create ASICs with embedded sensors
- Intel Foundry Services Ushers in a New Era
- Chiplet Pioneer Eliyan Achieves First Silicon in Record Time with Implementation in TSMC 5nm Process, Confirms Most Efficient Chiplet Interconnect Solution in the Multi-Die Era
- MediaTek Partners With NVIDIA to Provide Full-Scale Product Roadmap to the Automotive Industry
- Semidynamics announces largest, fully customisable Vector Unit in the RISC-V market, delivering up to 2048b of computation per cycle for unprecedented data handling
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|