CEVA to Showcase Continued Leadership in IP for Wireless Handset Applications at 3GSM World Congress 2006
Visitors to the booth will experience the CEVA vision for the next generation of wireless device applications, including; H.264 video decoding at D1 resolution, 30 frames-per-second, enabling MobileTV applications as well as video playback on a high-resolution screen; a portable audio platform that is power and performance optimized to address the demand for advanced audio applications in wireless handsets; and unsurpassed location accuracy especially within harsh indoor environments using CEVA indoor GPS technology optimized for wireless handsets.
All IP solutions that CEVA will be demonstrating at 3GSM incorporate CEVA's industry-leading DSP cores, providing an easy migration path for existing customers wishing to integrate leading-edge applications into their handset designs. New licensees benefit from CEVA's "complete solution" approach to IP whereby all the necessary hardware and software application IP is provided by CEVA. A single source provider allows product developers to easily incorporate a range of new technologies into their system-on-chips (SoCs), offering them cost, power and time to market benefits.
A full description of CEVA's demonstrations at 3GSM World Congress 2006 include:
Targeted at mobile multimedia applications for handheld devices such as smartphones, wireless PDAs and Portable Media Players, Mobile-Media is a fully programmable solution supporting H.264 encode and decode, up to D1 resolution at 30 frames per second. Mobile-Media packs all technologies required to deliver a total solution for SoC developers, including a complete DSP-based HW platform, optimized SW codecs, application-layer framework and a user-friendly development environment. Mobile-Media incorporates audio, video, imaging and voice functionality, allowing OEMs to reuse this single platform for multiple devices and enable a cost-effective deployment of new products. The multi-standard support of the solution, supporting virtually any multimedia codec, shrinks die size, cost and power, and offers the semiconductor vendor a highly flexible solution.
At the show, CEVA will be demonstrating Mobile-Media2000, based on the CEVA-X1620 DSP core, targeting high-end feature phones, smartphones and portable multimedia players. The demo runs H.264 and MPEG4 with AMR decoding at D1 resolution, 30fps, without any hardwired acceleration, using the recently announced Mobile-Media2000 silicon platform.
Targeting high-volume markets such as portable audio players, audio enabled cellular handsets and home entertainment equipment, CEVA-Audio is a low-power, low-cost DSP based platform that combines several CEVA-developed technologies including CEVA-TeakLite-II(TM), the new and enhanced version of the widely-adopted CEVA-TeakLite(TM) DSP core, a cache memory subsystem, audio peripherals, a comprehensive set of audio codecs (MP3, WMA, AAC, HE-AAC, Ogg Vorbis, BSAC, NB-AMR and WB-AMR) and complete tool chain support.
At the show, CEVA will be demonstrating a TeakLite based silicon platform running various Audio codecs such as MP3 and WMA decoding with an MMC Flash card as the music source.
CEVA GPS is the industry's only fully DSP-based GPS licensable solution and delivers instant and exceptionally accurate location information, specifically within indoor environments. CEVA GPS provides more accurate location information in the time it takes competing solutions to simply capture the signal for processing. CEVA GPS is a complete and licensable GPS solution for baseband, offering near-instant indoor location fix in less than 3.5 seconds and positional accuracy to within 20 meters at -148dBm.
The combination of high indoor sensitivity, ultra low power consumption and low solution cost makes CEVA GPS a compelling solution for wireless device manufacturers. The solution includes all baseband hardware & software, supports standalone as well as Assisted GPS and is optimized for GSM/GPRS and WCDMA environments.
At the show, CEVA will be demonstrating CEVA GPS4000 targeted at GSM/W-CDMA networks and achieving unsurpassed location accuracy, especially within harsh indoor environments.
CEVAnet(TM) Third Party Partner Demonstrations
In addition to the CEVA demonstrations at 3GSM, a number of CEVAnet third party partners will be demonstrating their offerings based on CEVA DSP cores and platforms at their respective booths and suites, including; Comsys and Alango. Further information on these demonstrations can be found at http://www.ceva-dsp.com/news/events.php .
About CEVA, Inc.
Headquartered in San Jose, Calif., CEVA is the leading licensor of digital signal processor (DSP) cores, multimedia, GPS and storage platforms to the semiconductor industry. CEVA licenses a family of programmable DSP cores, associated SoC system platforms and a portfolio of application platforms including multimedia, audio, Voice over Packet (VoP), GPS location, Bluetooth, Serial Attached SCSI and Serial ATA (SATA). In 2005 CEVA's IP was shipped in over 115 million devices. CEVA was created through the merger of the DSP licensing division of DSP Group and Parthus Technologies. For more information visit www.ceva-dsp.com.
Search Silicon IP
Ceva, Inc. Hot IP
- CEVA to Showcase Continued Leadership in Intellectual Property for Wireless Handset Applications at 3GSM World Congress 2007
- CEVA to Showcase Leadership in Mobile DSP Technologies for Advanced Communication and Multimedia Applications at Mobile World Congress 2012
- CEVA to Demonstrate Software-Based H.264 and GPS Technologies for Wireless Devices at 3GSM World Congress 2005
- CEVA to Showcase Leading DSP Cores and Integrated Solutions at 3GSM World Congress
- CEVA to Showcase Latest Wireless Connectivity and Smart Sensing Solutions at embedded world 2023
- Interview: Aart de Geus on AI-driven EDA
- CXL Testing Leverages PCIe Expertise
- Blue Ocean Smart System Unveils Chiplet-Based Products Powered by VeriSilicon's High-Performance Processors
- POLYN Introduces VibroSense, Industry-First Application-Specific Vibration Pre-Processing Chip Design
- Renesas Expands RISC-V Embedded Processing Portfolio with New Voice-Control ASSP Solution
- Veriest Solutions Promotes Dusica Glisic to Vice President of Frontend Engineering
- Synopsys.ai Unveiled as Industry's First Full-Stack, AI-Driven EDA Suite for Chipmakers
- Report: Arm proposes change to IP royalty model
- eMemory and UMC Expand Low-Power Memory Solutions for AIoT and Mobile Markets with 22nm RRAM Qualification
- Mobiveil's PSRAM Controller IP Lets SoC Designers Leverage AP Memory's Xccela x8/x16 250 MHz PSRAM Memory
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|