StarCore and Hantro announce immediate availability of high performance H.264 video decoder
This solution is ideal for mobile multimedia applications, such as cellular phones and other mobile video devices, as well as other digital video applications such as cable and satellite set-top boxes, DVD players, home gateways and media centre PCs. Industry analyst company eMarketer projects that the number of people accessing video over mobile devices in the U.S. will grow from just over 1 million to over 15 million in 2009.
Hantro’s H.264 decoder (part number 6100) is fully compliant with ITU-T Recommendation H.264 Baseline Profile up to Level 5.1.. Developed by the Moving Joint Video Team (JVT), H.264 /AVC provides significant quality vs. bitrate improvements over previous video compression standards. In today's digital networks where limited transmission bandwidth and storage capacities are further stressed by the consumers demand for higher video quality and resolutions, the higher levels of data compression enabled by the H.264 / AVC standard deliver the optimal solution.
“Optimizing our software H.264 decoder for the StarCore SC2400 was a natural choice for us' said Sami Niska, Director of Business Development at Hantro 'StarCore's design allows us to achieve resolutions and frame rates that are normally only associated with complete hardware implementations. The high resolution capability, flexibility and time-to-market advantages that the Hantro-StarCore combination brings makes it a very compelling solution for device manufacturers.”
“We are very pleased to be working with Hantro to bring easily adaptable video solutions to the market for our StarCore customers. The close relationship we have with Hantro is a good indication of our commitment to the fast-paced video market,” said Alex Bedarida, general manager of StarCore. “The StarCore technology, with its parallelism and efficient code size, is ideal for today’s feature-rich, mobile multimedia products.”
About StarCore LLC
StarCore LLC is a leader in the development of high-performance DSP architectures, processor cores and intellectual property building blocks for the communications and consumer electronics industries. For more information on StarCore LLC and its intellectual property and services, visit the company’s website at http://www.starcore-dsp.com.
Search Silicon IP
- Amphion announce immediate availability of high performance H.264/AVC video cores
- Sand Video to Demonstrate First-Ever Real Time High Definition H.264 Decoder at 2003 Consumer Electronics Show
- First Fully Programmable High Definition H.264 Video Solution Demonstrated by AllGo Systems and Silicon Hive
- eASIC and CAST Announce the Availability of H.264 Multi-Channel Baseline Video Encoder Core for NextremeTM Structured ASICs
- ARC and BDTI Announce the Industry's First Certified H.264 Decoder Performance Benchmark Results
- Cortus Launches ULYSS automotive MCU family
- Infineon's HYPERRAM™ 3.0 memory and Autotalks' 3rd generation chipset drive next-generation automotive V2X applications
- Q1 2023 Global Semiconductor Equipment Billings Grow 9% Year-Over-Year, SEMI Reports
- Computex 2023 Reveals Taiwan's Critical Role in AI
- Leading Aerospace and Defense Company purchases Interlaken IP core from Comcores
- Green Hills Software adds support for production-ready RTOS and tools to Imagination Technologies' RISC-V CPUs
- Nanusens announces that it can now create ASICs with embedded sensors
- Kalray Announces Production Launch of New "Coolidge™2" DPU Processor Optimized for AI and Intensive Data Processing
- Arm SystemReady surpasses 100 certifications, driving standardization where it matters
- GlobalFoundries and STMicroelectronics Finalize Agreement for New 300mm Semiconductor Manufacturing Facility in France
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|