Celoxica and Philips TASS Team to Accelerate ESL Adoption in Europe
Combines Celoxica ESL Technology With Philips TASS Services and Know-how
Oxfordshire, UK — February 28, 2006 — Celoxica (AIM: CXA) today announced a European technology partnership with Philips TASS, a Philips company providing technical software services and solutions. Both companies have a history of partnership and close collaboration and this announcement adds momentum to the growing adoption of electronic system level (ESL) design across Europe.
With Gartner Dataquest predicting double digit growth for the ESL design and synthesis market, Celoxica and Philips TASS are joining forces to provide solutions for designers who are moving to the electronic system level. Initially the companies will focus on designers of programmable logic and programmable SoC devices. Celoxica will provide the ESL design tools, IP and boards, Philips TASS will provide the design services capability, ESL methodology and technology transfer competence.
“For many years we have been using Celoxica’s ESL technology to deliver internal consulting projects”, said Tiny Henst, Business Unit Manager at Philips TASS. “With the fast growing interest in ESL, we can provide this type of service to external customers where we can leverage our experience, relationship with Celoxica and strong European base“.
The design complexity ESL addresses used to be rare, but now represents the mainstream and the Semiconductor Industry Association (SIA) roadmap forecasts a relentless increase in design complexity. ESL uses methodologies and tools that raise the level of design abstraction from logic to algorithm or design behavior (usually described using the C, or a C-based programming language). The growth of ESL technology is enabling software algorithms to run faster and speeding design of very complex electronic products with lower risk and at a lower cost.
“Until recently Europe and the US have lagged behind Japan in their adoption of C-based ESL design technologies,” said Sandeep Ram, vice-president of EMEA sales for Celoxica. “This situation is changing fast and by teaming up with Philips TASS we will drive ESL in key markets and application areas."
Celoxica and Philips TASS will be exhibiting at the forthcoming Design Automation and Test in Europe (DATE) event, March 6th – 10th, Munich, Germany and then at the April 12th Bits and Chips event in Eindhoven, Netherlands.
A leader in electronic system level design (ESL), Celoxica is enabling the next generation of advanced electronic products by producing tools, boards, IP and services that turn software into silicon. Celoxica technology raises design abstraction to the algorithm level, accelerating productivity and lowering risk and costs by generating semiconductor hardware directly from C-based software descriptions. Adding to a growing installed base, Celoxica provides the world’s most widely used C-based behavioral design and synthesis solutions to companies developing semiconductor products in markets such as consumer electronics, defense and aerospace, automotive, industrial and security. Celoxica is a publicly traded company on the Alternative Investment Market of the London Stock Exchange under the symbol CXA.
About Philips TASS
Philips TASS B.V. is an independently operating company created by Royal Philips Electronics N.V. that is specialized in technical (embedded) software. For more than 27 years Philips TASS has been developing technical software in electronic products, in medical equipment, in communication equipment and for high tech industrial equipment. Its 250 employees in the Netherlands and Belgium are active in the areas HW/SW interfacing, integration & testing and remote services. Philips TASS offers its expertise as project or as flexible Staffing. For more information about Philips TASS: www.tass.Philips.com/aboutus.
Search Silicon IP
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise and SiPearl Partner to Develop HPC Solutions with European Processors and Accelerate Europe's Adoption of Exascale Supercomputers
- Taiwanese Firm Taps Celoxica ESL Design to Accelerate HDTV Development
- Xilinx Launches ESL Initiative to Accelerate Adoption of System Level Design for FPGAs
- Chiplet Pioneer Eliyan Joins UCIe and JEDEC Industry Standardization Organizations, Expands Veteran Leadership Team to Accelerate Adoption of Breakthrough Die-to-Die Interconnect Solution
- CHIPS Alliance Forms F4PGA Workgroup to Accelerate Adoption of Open Source FPGA Tooling
- Interview: Aart de Geus on AI-driven EDA
- CXL Testing Leverages PCIe Expertise
- Blue Ocean Smart System Unveils Chiplet-Based Products Powered by VeriSilicon's High-Performance Processors
- POLYN Introduces VibroSense, Industry-First Application-Specific Vibration Pre-Processing Chip Design
- Renesas Expands RISC-V Embedded Processing Portfolio with New Voice-Control ASSP Solution
- Veriest Solutions Promotes Dusica Glisic to Vice President of Frontend Engineering
- Synopsys.ai Unveiled as Industry's First Full-Stack, AI-Driven EDA Suite for Chipmakers
- Report: Arm proposes change to IP royalty model
- eMemory and UMC Expand Low-Power Memory Solutions for AIoT and Mobile Markets with 22nm RRAM Qualification
- Mobiveil's PSRAM Controller IP Lets SoC Designers Leverage AP Memory's Xccela x8/x16 250 MHz PSRAM Memory
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|