Newark, CA -- March 1, 2006 -
- nSys Design Systems, the leading Verification IP provider in Verilog for design and verification of semiconductor chip interfaces, today announced that ChipX, the leader in Structured ASIC products and technology, has chosen the nSys Verification Suite (nVS) for PCI Express verification.
ChipX Structured ASICs offers near standard-cell ASIC performance and low power, without the manufacturing times or risks normally associated with traditional ASICs. ChipX provides the broadest range of Structured ASICs in the market today, including pre-validated subsystems for PCI Express and USB2.0 HS OTG.
“We offer Verification IP as part of our complete solution for PCI Express for the CX6100 family of PCI Express Structured ASICs, and found that the nSys PCI Express nVS suits our requirements” said Wouter Suverkropp, Director of Strategic Marketing at ChipX. “We have been very pleased with the responsiveness of the nSys support team when we were using the nVS for our internal engineering effort, and also when implementing complete PCIe system solutions for our customers. “
”We are pleased to be part of the complete PCI Express offering from ChipX. Developers using structured ASICs will now be able to verify their integrated designs rapidly while using our nVS for PCI Express.” said Atul Bhatia, Director, nSys Design Systems. “Our nVS has rich features to work seamlessly in System level verification environments, leading to significant improvement in verification productivity.” About nVS for PCI Express
The nVS (nSys Verification Suite) for PCI Express is one of the most widely accepted and proven solutions for functional verification of PCI Express devices. The nVS allows design and verification engineers to quickly & extensively test the entire functionality of their PCI Express compliant devices at the pre-silicon stage. The nVS is a complete verification solution consisting of BFMs, Checker + Monitor and Test Suites that leverages advanced verification techniques in creating a versatile testbench environment. Some of the Key Benefits and features of nVS for PCI Express are:
- Proven support for all types of PCI Express devices: Endpoints, Root Complex, Switch, , Bridge
- Availability of Test Suites enables the designer to focus on features unique to their design.
- Flexibility to send completely automated packets or completely user configured packets in all the three layers.
- Ability to inject errors for packets being generated in all the three layers.
- On the fly protocol and data checking
- Support for multiple instantiations to create complex verification environment.
- Available in Verilog & VHDL for all major simulators & for all major platforms.
nSys is the leading provider of Verilog based Verification IPs. nSys provides products and services to Accelerate Designs of its customers, by focusing on the verification phase of ASIC/FPGA/IP development. The nSys solutions are in the form of Verification IPs backed by services. For more information, please visit us at www.nsysinc.com About Chipx
ChipX, Inc. is a pioneer and leading manufacturer of late-stage programmable application-specific integrated circuits, or structured ASICs. The company's innovative, patented technology consolidates wafer production tooling, reduces time to market and minimizes the total cost to profit. ChipX Structured ASIC technology is widely used in consumer equipment, computing peripherals, communication systems, industrial control, medical equipment, instrumentation and military/aerospace systems. Headquartered in Santa Clara, CA, ChipX is a privately held corporation, founded in the U.S. in 1989. A subsidiary, ChipX (Israel) Ltd., performs research and development. Investors include Elron Electronic Industries, Ltd. (NASDAQ:ELRN), VantagePoint Venture Partners, Wasserstein Venture Capital, Newlight Associates, Parker Price Venture Capital, UMC, Needham Capital Partners and Insite Capital. For more information, please visit us at www.chipx.com