Association Releases CY 2005 Growth Statistics from Year-End Global Fabless Fundings & Financials Report
March 10, 2006 --
FSA issued its CYQ4 2005/Year-End 2005 Global Fabless Fundings & Financials Report outlining key statistics for industry growth last year, including:
- Fabless industry revenue totaled $40.0 billion, which equated to 18% of the semiconductor sales total of $227.5 billion
- Worldwide fabless industry revenue grew 9.7% year-over-year
- Top ten fabless companies listed by CY 2005 revenue, which combined for $20.7B, or 52% of total revenue.
- QUALCOMM (QCT Division) [NASDAQ: QCOM]: $3.5B
- Broadcom [NASDAQ: BRCM]: $2.7B
- NVIDIA Corporation [NASDAQ: NVDA]: $2.4B
- SanDisk Corporation [NASDAQ: SNDK]: $2.3B
- ATI Technologies [NASDAQ: ATYT]: $2.2B
- Avago Technologies: $1.8B
- Marvell Technology Group Ltd [NASDAQ: MRVL]: $1.7B
- Xilinx, Inc. [NASDAQ: XLNX]: $1.6B
- MediaTek Incorporation [TSEC: 2454]: $1.4B
- Altera [NASDAQ: ALTR]: $1.1B
- North American fabless companies represented 77% of revenue, followed by Asia with 20% and Europe with 3%.
129 companies raised $1.6 billion, an 11% year-over-year dollar amount decrease and a 10% year-over-year decrease in the number of deals closed.
This report is available to FSA members and media at www.fsa.org/publications/financials/
. It is available for purchase via the FSA Store.
FSA is the voice of the global fabless business model. Incorporated in 1994, FSA positively impacts the growth and return on invested capital of this business model to enhance the environment for innovation. It provides a platform for meaningful global collaboration between fabless companies and their partners; identifies and articulates opportunities and challenges to enable solutions; and provides research, resources, publications and survey information. Members include fabless companies and their supply chain and service partners, representing more than 21 countries across the globe. www.fsa.org.