SUNNYVALE, Calif.--April 5, 2006-- msystems, a leader in smart personal storage, today announced that it has entered into an agreement with National Semiconductor Corporation, a high-performance analog company.
Under the terms of the agreement, National will enhance its product offerings for the automotive market by integrating msystems' mSafe(TM) SuperMAP®-III cryptographic coprocessors within a secure controller system for automotive applications.
msystems' mSafe SuperMAP family of cryptographic cores implements sophisticated public key cryptography such as RSA and Elliptic Curve, as well as conventional data encryption algorithms. These patented, state-of-the-art software and hardware-based cores are setting attack counter measures standards amongst the highest in the secure-chip industry, while maintaining a high level of performance and power consumption levels.
"We want to provide our automotive customers with the highest security level available, and we have chosen msystems' cores due to their silicon-proven experience," said Wolfgang Hoeld, engineering director, Cores Development Group at National Semiconductor. "With its mSafe technology and excellent support, msystems offers highly secured products that have passed all levels of certification."
"We are excited about this opportunity to work with National, a leading supplier of high-performance analog solutions," said Noam Kedem, vice president of marketing, msystems. "Automotive products today are extremely sophisticated, mission critical, and prone to security hazards of various kinds. By using mSafe, National is able to minimize its risk and reduce time-to-silicon with our field proven and smart-card certified technology. mSafe is truly security made smarter."
msystems has been transforming raw flash material into smarter storage solutions since 1989. From embedded flash drives deployed in millions of mobile handsets to U3 USB smart drives designed for leading global brands, msystems creates, develops, manufactures and markets smart personal storage solutions for a myriad of applications targeting high growth markets. msystems' product lines include:
- mDrive (formerly DiskOnKey®) U3 USB smart drives for personal, portable computing
- mDOC embedded flash drives for mobile handsets and consumer electronics devices
- mSIM MegaSIM® series high-density SIM cards and mSIM M.MAR® series SIM cards and highly secure cards (available both from msystems and its subsidiary Microelectronica)
- mCard, high-quality memory cards for mobile handsets and digital cameras
- mTrust (formerly Xkey®) end-to-end enterprise access, control and management solution for USB flash drives and other removable media
- mSSD (formerly FFD(TM)) rugged solid state disks for mission-critical applications
- mModule (formerly DiskOnChip® modular family) modular flash storage for embedded systems
- mSafe (formerly SuperMAP® family) secure hardware and software crypto cores
More information is available online at www.m-systems.com. msystems. made smarter.