Denali Announces Simulation Models for Spansion's MirrorBit ORNAND Flash Memory Products
New Simulation Models Speed Design and Verification of Wireless Applications
PALO ALTO, Calif., April 24, 2006 -- Denali Software today announced the availability of simulation models for Spansion's MirrorBit™ ORNAND™ Flash memory products. Developed by Denali, in cooperation with Spansion, the new simulation models enable system designers to speed design and verification of systems using Spansion flash devices, and optimize memory system performance for wireless applications.
The memory models were developed using Denali's MMAV™ verification IP technology, used by thousands of hardware developers to simulate the detailed features, function and timing of memory devices for system level chip design. The MMAV product from Denali now enables chip designers to simulate Spansion's MirrorBit ORNAND Flash memory devices in virtually any commercial chip design flow.
Simulation models for MirrorBit Flash memory and other Spansion Flash memory products are available now at: http://www.ememory.com/Spansion
Spansion's MirrorBit Flash memory solutions enable handset manufacturers to use a single-platform approach to scale their offerings from basic entry-level phones up to very high-end, fully featured phones. MirrorBit ORNAND is well-suited for data storage in wireless handsets, delivering a NAND interface and the compelling cost structure of traditional NAND solutions with the reliability and fast read performance of NOR Flash memory.
"MirrorBit ORNAND gives handset manufacturers the capability to design their next-generation phones with advanced features and more storage," said Steve Schrepferman, vice president of marketing and MCP development, Wireless Solutions Division, Spansion. "The availability of supporting tools and models, such as the new simulation models from Denali, gives our customers an edge in integrating MirrorBit ORNAND into their end-product designs."
"High-quality simulation models are critical tools for chip and system designers, especially with the growing memory requirements for mobile applications," said Bob Pierce, Denali's senior director of Flash Products. "Working with Spansion, we are providing a solution that enables customers to reduce development cycle times, and ultimately provide more innovative designs."
About Denali Memory Modeling Products
MMAV verification IP product is a comprehensive solution for verifying functionality, compliance, interoperability and performance for memory interfaces at the pre-silicon stage of chip or IP development. It utilizes a device configuration file format -- SOMA™ (Specification Of Memory Architecture) -- to specify all vendor-specific features, functionality and timing for simulating any particular memory device, including all DRAM, SRAM, Flash, and Flash Card devices. The MMAV product is integrated with all popular EDA tools and languages, including: Verilog, SystemVerilog, VHDL, C/C++, SystemC, Specman e, and OpenVERA. Denali currently provides SOMA files for more than 10,000 commercial memory devices through an online database at: http://www.ememory.com.
Denali Software Inc. is the world's leading provider of Electronic Design Automation (EDA) and Intellectual Property (IP) products for design and verification of semiconductor chip interfaces. Denali's Databahn™ and Dataplex™ IP products provide control and optimal data throughput for external DRAM and Flash memory devices. The PureSpec™ and MMAV™ verification IP products support all standard interfaces, including DRAM, Flash, PCI Express, ASI, AMBA, USB, Ethernet, Serial ATA, and CE-ATA. Denali's Blueprint product provides complete solution for on-chip register design and management. For more information, visit Denali at http://www.denali.com or call (650) 461-7200.
Search Silicon IP
Search Verification IP
- Atmel Standardizes on Denali's Behavioral Simulation Models for the In System Integration of Its Flash Memory Products
- Free Model Foundry Announces Availability of VHDL and Verilog Models for Spansion's MirrorBit(R) ORNAND(TM) Solutions
- Denali Delivers Simulation Models for Micron's NAND Flash Devices
- SanDisk Taps Denali Software to Deliver Design Simulation Models to Speed Integration of Flash Memory Into Consumer Devices
- Magma's FineSim Deployed by Toshiba Corporation for Advanced Flash Memory Sign-Off Simulation
- Interview: Aart de Geus on AI-driven EDA
- CXL Testing Leverages PCIe Expertise
- Blue Ocean Smart System Unveils Chiplet-Based Products Powered by VeriSilicon's High-Performance Processors
- POLYN Introduces VibroSense, Industry-First Application-Specific Vibration Pre-Processing Chip Design
- Renesas Expands RISC-V Embedded Processing Portfolio with New Voice-Control ASSP Solution
- Veriest Solutions Promotes Dusica Glisic to Vice President of Frontend Engineering
- Synopsys.ai Unveiled as Industry's First Full-Stack, AI-Driven EDA Suite for Chipmakers
- Report: Arm proposes change to IP royalty model
- eMemory and UMC Expand Low-Power Memory Solutions for AIoT and Mobile Markets with 22nm RRAM Qualification
- Mobiveil's PSRAM Controller IP Lets SoC Designers Leverage AP Memory's Xccela x8/x16 250 MHz PSRAM Memory
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|