ARM Introduces ARM922T[tm] Core
The ARM922T core offers designers a high-performance architecture for price & power sensitive portable applications running MP3 audio, Java, Voice recognition and MPEG-4 video. The ARM922T solution is a 32-bit microprocessor macrocell that combines the ARM9TDMI[tm] CPU core with 8k instruction and 8k data caches, instruction and data Memory Management Units (MMUs), a write buffer, an AMBA[tm] bus interface and an Embedded Trace Macrocell (ETM) interface. The core targets applications that require an optimal mix of performance and power, and provides an ideal solution for applications running industry-proven operating systems such as EPOC, Linux and WindowsCE.
The ARM922T core is backward compatible with the ARM7[tm] Thumb® and StrongARM® families, and upward compatible to the ARM9E[tm] Thumb and ARM10[tm] Thumb family, giving designers software-compatible processors with a range of price/performance points up to 500 MIPS. The core is supported by ARM's development tools and real-time debug solution, and the Multi-ICE[tm] debug interface.
The ARM922T core will be licensed as an intellectual property (IP) core for implementation within an application specific integrated circuit (ASIC) or application specific standard product (ASSP) design.
- Synopsys above ARM in IP licensing revenue in 2019
- Vervesemi Data converters for 5G applications Now Available on 8nm Process
- Stop, Cut or Maintain European Chip Production Amid Covid-19
- SiFive Selects Synopsys Fusion Design Platform and Verification Continuum Platform to Enable Rapid SoC Design
- Achronix Selects Synopsys' Leading DesignWare IP Solutions to Accelerate Development of High-Performance Data Acceleration FPGA
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|