Alliantek Licenses CEVA-X DSP and Multimedia Subsystem for Multi-Standard Multimedia Platform
CEVA's high-performance, programmable multimedia subsystem allows Alliantek complete flexibility to develop a value-rich, differentiated multimedia platform for portable multimedia market
TAIPEI, Taiwan - Embedded Systems Conference -- Aug. 17, 2006 -- CEVA, Inc. (NASDAQ: CEVA)(LSE: CVA), the leading licensor of digital signal processor (DSP) cores, multimedia and storage platforms to the semiconductor industry, announced today that Alliantek, Inc. has become the latest licensee to adopt the industry-leading CEVA-X1620™ DSP and CEVA-XS1200™ system platform for the development of its multi- standard multimedia platform targeting the portable multimedia market. In addition, Alliantek has licensed CEVA's multimedia software, designed and optimized to run on the CEVA-XS1200 system platform.
"During evaluation, we looked at both hardwired and software alternatives on which to build our portable multimedia products," said Yuhzen Liao, president of Alliantek. "CEVA's DSP-based multimedia system platform offered us the optimal balance of low-power and hardwired equivalent performance in a fully software-programmable solution. This is a clear advantage when developing a range of differentiated products on a single platform without the need for silicon re-spin each time."
"CEVA's recent strategic expansion in Taiwan has resulted in a number of new and important licensing wins for the company," said Gideon Wertheizer, CEO of CEVA. "Alliantek is a perfect example of the new and exciting companies we are engaging with in Taiwan and we are very pleased to partner with them. Our CEVA-X DSP and programmable multimedia system platform provides Alliantek with a low-power, high-performance multimedia engine enabling them to develop differentiated multi-standard products for the portable multimedia market."
CEVA-X is the industry-leading, scalable Very Long Instruction Word - Single Instruction Multiple Data (VLIW-SIMD) DSP architecture that delivers breakthrough performance and low power consumption in a fully programmable framework. The CEVA-X1620 is a dual MAC 16-bit, fixed point, fully synthesizable DSP core, running up to eight instructions simultaneously. It provides variable instruction widths, two-level memory architecture and up to 4G bytes of addressable memory space. It has been licensed and adopted by major semiconductor manufacturers in the 3G baseband and mobile multimedia markets.
The CEVA-XS1200 system platform is a low-power, highly integrated SoC platform, designed to ease the development and integration process and further reduce development costs and time to market for CEVA-X-based designs. CEVA- XS1200 utilizes multiple innovative power-saving techniques such as activating the system modules only when needed; level-two memory architecture and caching; adjustable DSP system speed; decentralized interconnect topology; and selective hardware/software wake-up events. In addition, the CEVA-XS1200 contains a 3D DMA co-processor and glue-less TDM ports, providing designers with the ability to target high-performance applications such as multimedia, communications, VoIP, storage and more. The platform includes a complete set of DSP peripherals and interfaces, including an interrupt controller, power management unit, timers and general purpose I/Os, and it also provides an easy means of connectivity to other systems present on chip.
About CEVA, Inc.
Headquartered in San Jose, Calif., CEVA is the leading licensor of digital signal processor (DSP) cores, multimedia and storage platforms to the semiconductor industry. CEVA licenses a family of programmable DSP cores, associated SoC system platforms and a portfolio of application platforms including multimedia, audio, Voice over Packet (VoP), Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) and Serial ATA (SATA). In 2005, CEVA's IP was shipped in over 130 million devices. For more information, visit http://www.ceva-dsp.com/.
About Alliantek, Inc.
Alliantek, Inc., is an Original Design Manufacturer for innovative mobile personal communications products for worldwide markets. Alliantek's leading edge products include advanced multimedia features such as reception of mobile digital TV broadcast and high quality digital stereo as well as various wireless communications means. Alliantek's products are built around its highly programmable Multi-standard Multimedia Platform which is a significant enabler for fastest time to global markets with a diverse portfolio of attractive products. The Alliantek Platform relies on leading edge silicon and software IP to achieve lowest power consumption for longest battery life, and smallest footprint for enhanced portability and small product form factors.
Search Silicon IP
Ceva, Inc. Hot IP
- MediaTek Licenses CEVA-X DSP Core and Subsystem from CEVA
- Atmel Licenses Industry-Leading CEVA-X DSP And System Platform To Power Next-Generation High Performance Storage Applications
- CEVA and HuaXun Partner to Deliver Software GPS Solution for CEVA-X DSP Cores and MM2000 Multimedia Platform
- RadioFrame Networks License CEVA-X DSP Core and Subsystem to Power Femtocell 2G/3G Wireless Base Stations
- CEVA Expands CEVA-X DSP Family with New Core and System Platform
- GlobalFoundries and STMicroelectronics Finalize Agreement for New 300mm Semiconductor Manufacturing Facility in France
- Microchip Slashes Time to Innovation with Industry's Most Power-Efficient Mid-Range FPGA Industrial Edge Stack, More Core Library IP and Conversion Tools
- Consortium's Move Will Boost RISC-V Ecosystem, Thankfully
- Are Chiplets Enough to Save Moore's Law?
- Andes Technology Showcases Pioneering RISC-V CPU IP Solutions at RISC-V Summit Europe
- Nanusens announces that it can now create ASICs with embedded sensors
- Intel Foundry Services Ushers in a New Era
- Chiplet Pioneer Eliyan Achieves First Silicon in Record Time with Implementation in TSMC 5nm Process, Confirms Most Efficient Chiplet Interconnect Solution in the Multi-Die Era
- MediaTek Partners With NVIDIA to Provide Full-Scale Product Roadmap to the Automotive Industry
- Semidynamics announces largest, fully customisable Vector Unit in the RISC-V market, delivering up to 2048b of computation per cycle for unprecedented data handling
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|