Arasan Chip Systems licenses it's USB 2.0 Hub IP Core to Broadcom
Sep 18, 2006 -- San Jose, CA -- Arasan Chip Systems Inc (“Arasan”) a leading supplier of reusable Intellectual Property (IP’s) cores has licensed its USB 2.0 Hub IP Core to Broadcom Corporation. Arasan counts Broadcom as one of its key licensees and other IP’s in use by Broadcom include our Standard SD / SDIO / MMC 4.0 / CE-ATA Host Core and the SDIO Card Core technology. “We are proud to once again be chosen by Broadcom to fulfill their IP needs and be part of their remarkable growth. Working with them is always a pleasure and we have gained immensely from the exposure to their design methodologies and quality requirements.” says Rich Timpa VP of Sales at Arasan Chip Systems.
Arasan Chip Systems is one of the Worlds largest providers of USB 1.1 & 2.0 IP cores and released its first IP, the USB 1.0 Device Core in 1996. Arasan’s USB 2.0 Hub is silicon proven and is in production with General Atomics, San Diego among others. Arasan Chip Systems USB offering is comprehensive and includes the USB 1.1 Device Core, USB 1.1 Host Core, USB 1.1 Hub IP Core, USB 2.0 Device Core, USB 2.0 Host Core, USB 2.0 OTG Core and the USB 2.0 Hub core. All cores are available with Industry Standard Interfaces like AHB, VCI, PCI etc.
Arasan provides a Total Solution to all its licensees and its IP deliverables include Verilog RTL source code, Test Environment, Firmware, SW Drivers & debug applications, Development boards with reference designs and complete technical documentation. We also offer customization services and onsite consulting which further decreases implementation time. “Our goal is to ensure that the IP remains a black box to the customer and by offering a Total Solution with comprehensive support, we provide the fastest time to market and ease of implementation” says Prakash Kamath, VP of Engineering at Arasan. “Companies tend to focus purely at the cost of licensing an IP rather than the SoC implementation cost, which dwarfs the licensing fees. Our Total Technology Solution offers licensees the lowest implementation cost and is responsible for our startling growth.” adds Rich.
Licensees of Arasan’s USB Technology include companies like TI, Cisco, NEC Electronics, ISSI, Staccato Communications and defense companies like Los Alamos National Labs, US Army and General Atomics. All of Arasan Chip Systems USB Cores are Silicon Proven, certified and in production with multiple licensees.
Broadcom Corporation is a global leader in semiconductors for wired and wireless communications. Our products enable the delivery of voice, video, data and multimedia to and throughout the home, the office and the mobile environment. Broadcom provides the industry's broadest portfolio of state-of-the-art system-on-a-chip and software solutions to manufacturers of computing and networking equipment, digital entertainment and broadband access products, and mobile devices.
Arasan Chip Systems, Inc. founded in 1995, is a leading supplier of Reusable Intellectual Property (IP) cores, semiconductors and electronic design services. Arasan’s product portfolio is focused on Bus Interfaces and includes IP’s for USB 1.1 & 2.0, PCI, MMC and SDIO technologies. Arasan’s products and services enable businesses to develop and leverage product design and development. Arasan Chip Systems participates at the Executive Level at the Standards Bodies and ensures our customers are the first to get new technologies. Engaging with Arasan reduces the project implementation cost
Search Silicon IP
Arasan Chip Systems Hot IP
- IPextreme to Sell Cypress Semiconductor's USB 2.0 Low-Power Hub IP
- Genesys Logic's USB 2.0 Hub Controller Passes USB-IF Certification
- Arasan Chip Systems' Redesigned USB 2.0 Hub IP enables Compound Devices to share USB Port
- NXP Semiconductors Introduces Industry's Lowest Cost ARM9 with High Speed USB 2.0 OTG
- Synopsys Delivers Industry's First Certified USB 2.0 PHY IP for Advanced 45-Nanometer Process
- Interview: Aart de Geus on AI-driven EDA
- CXL Testing Leverages PCIe Expertise
- Blue Ocean Smart System Unveils Chiplet-Based Products Powered by VeriSilicon's High-Performance Processors
- POLYN Introduces VibroSense, Industry-First Application-Specific Vibration Pre-Processing Chip Design
- Renesas Expands RISC-V Embedded Processing Portfolio with New Voice-Control ASSP Solution
- Veriest Solutions Promotes Dusica Glisic to Vice President of Frontend Engineering
- Synopsys.ai Unveiled as Industry's First Full-Stack, AI-Driven EDA Suite for Chipmakers
- Report: Arm proposes change to IP royalty model
- eMemory and UMC Expand Low-Power Memory Solutions for AIoT and Mobile Markets with 22nm RRAM Qualification
- Mobiveil's PSRAM Controller IP Lets SoC Designers Leverage AP Memory's Xccela x8/x16 250 MHz PSRAM Memory
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|