ARM Opens e-Commerce Design Center
"As e-Commerce continues to grow in popularity and the need for secure transactions over the Internet and through mobile devices increases, both hardware and software providers will have to develop and produce a new level of high-security solutions," said Warren East, vice president of Operations for ARM. "The acquisition of EuroMIPS and the opening of our new e-Commerce design center will enable ARM to continue providing our partners with leading-edge solutions for a wide range of security sensitive applications."
EuroMIPS has worked extensively with ARM over the past year, providing system-on-chip (SoC) solutions to OEMs for a wide range of ARM Powered[tm] applications including smart cards, wireless and automotive solutions. In particular, EuroMIPS has worked with ARM and Gemplus on the CASCADE project, to develop a Java-technology-enabled smart card. This demonstrates EuroMIPS' capability to provide ARM powered security solutions with a new level of performance.
"France is home to a strong community of smartcard and eCommerce solutions providers and this acquisition further strengthens ARM's commitment to this market segment," said Pascal Peru, managing director, EuroMIPS Systems. "The combination of EuroMIPS' expertise and engineering talent and ARM's industry-leading technology will provide system developers with leading-edge solutions for these fast-growing, high-volume applications."
- Synopsys above ARM in IP licensing revenue in 2019
- Vervesemi Data converters for 5G applications Now Available on 8nm Process
- Stop, Cut or Maintain European Chip Production Amid Covid-19
- SiFive Selects Synopsys Fusion Design Platform and Verification Continuum Platform to Enable Rapid SoC Design
- Achronix Selects Synopsys' Leading DesignWare IP Solutions to Accelerate Development of High-Performance Data Acceleration FPGA
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|