New Kits Give Designers Easy-to-Use Tools for Fast Design Of a Variety of Consumer and Industrial Applications SAN JOSE, Calif., December 20, 2006
- Cypress Semiconductor Corp. (NYSE: CY) today introduced five new development and evaluation kits for its fast-growing PSoC® mixed-signal arrays. The kits give designers easy-to-use tools to quickly and efficiently complete PSoC designs for a variety of applications.
- SD Card Module Evaluation Kit (CY3210-SDCARD): Gives designers a hands-on look at how the PSoC SD Card user module can quickly and easily write to, read from and seamlessly integrate an SD card module into an embedded design. Visit www.cypress.com/sdcard to order."
- CapSense Proximity Detection Demonstration Kit (CY3235-PROXDET): Allows quick and easy demonstration of a PSoC CapSense-enabled device's ability to accurately sense the proximity of a hand or finger along the length of a wire antenna. Visit www.cypress.com/proxdetect to order."
- I2C to USB Bridge Debugging Kit (CY3240-I2USB): Allows hardware and software debugging of PSoC applications by seamlessly connecting a USB port on a PC to any PSoC application's I2C interface. Visit www.cypress.com/i2usb to order.
- I2C Port Expander Evaluation Kit (CY3242-IOX): Lets customers quickly evaluate the PSoC I2C Port Expander device's ability to replace multiple port expander ICs from other vendors and flexibly integrate I/O expansion, PWM functions and user EEPROM." The kit also includes the I2C to USB Bridge. Visit www.cypress.com/portexpander to order.
- RGB Industrial Lighting Demonstration Kit (CY3261-RGB): Showcases the PSoC architecture's ability to flexibly and accurately accomplish high brightness LED lighting and color mixing applications while integrating many other valuable analog, digital and communication functions in one PSoC device." Visit www.cypress.com/rgb to order.
"These new kits highlight the PSoC family's flexibility and enable rapid design and evaluation for a variety of applications," said Scott Harmel, vice president of marketing for Cypress's PSoC products." "As more designers become familiar with PSoC features and benefits, we are seeing new and innovative uses of PSoC devices every day." Price and Availability
All of the kits are available today for ordering on the "Online Store" at www.cypress.com
." The kits range in price from US$49 to $299.
Kit Name and Part Number
Cost in US Dollars
SD Card Module Evaluation Kit (CY3210-SDCARD)
CapSense Proximity Detection Demonstration Kit (CY3235-PROXDET)
I2C to USB Bridge Debugging Kit (CY3240-I2USB)
I2C Port Expander Evaluation Kit (CY3242-IOX)
RGB Industrial Lighting Demonstration Kit (CY3261-RGB)
PSoC -- Because Change Happens
PSoC devices employ a highly configurable system-on-chip architecture for embedded control design, offering a flash-based equivalent of a field-programmable ASIC without lead-time or NRE penalties. PSoC devices integrate configurable analog and digital circuits, controlled by an on-chip microcontroller, providing both enhanced design revision capability and component count savings. They include up to 32 Kbytes of Flash memory, 2 Kbytes of SRAM, an 8x8 multiplier with 32-bit accumulator, power and sleep monitoring circuits, and hardware I2C communications.
The flexible PSoC resources allow designers to future-proof their products by enabling firmware-based changes during design, validation, production, and in the field. The unique PSoC flexibility shortens design cycle time and allows for late-breaking feature enhancements. All PSoC devices are also dynamically reconfigurable, enabling designers to morph internal resources on-the-fly, utilizing fewer components to perform a given task.
Easy to use development tools, including one-of-a-kind PSoC Express™ Visual Embedded design tool, enable designers to select configurable library elements for analog functions such as amplifiers, ADCs, DACs, filters and comparators and digital functions such as timers, counters, PWMs, SPI and UARTs. The PSoC family's analog features include rail-to-rail inputs, programmable gain amplifiers and up to 14-bit ADCs with exceptionally low noise, input leakage and voltage offset.
A single PSoC device can integrate as many as 100 peripheral functions saving customers design time, board space and power consumption while improving system quality. Customers can save from 5 cents to as much as $10 in system costs.
Cypress solutions perform: consumer, computation, data communications, automotive, industrial, and solar. Leveraging proprietary silicon processes, Cypress's product portfolio includes a broad selection of wired and wireless USB devices, CMOS image sensors, timing solutions, specialty memories, high-bandwidth synchronous and micropower memory products, optical solutions and reconfigurable mixed-signal arrays. Cypress trades on the NYSE under the ticker symbol CY. Visit us at www.cypress.com.