Availability of Leading DSO Solution for the Cortex-M3, Cortex-A8, Cortex-R4, and Cortex-R4F Processors
SANTA BARBARA, CA — December 19, 2006 — Green Hills Software, Inc., the technology leader in device software optimization (DSO) and real-time operating systems (RTOS), today announced that its complete product suite, including the MULTI integrated development environment, INTEGRITY, velOSity, and ì-velOSity royalty-free real-time operating systems, TimeMachine tool suite, Green Hills compilers, and Green Hills probe is now available for the ARM® Cortex™ family of processors. The addition of support for Cortex processors reaffirms Green Hills as a leading 3rd-party supplier of device software optimization solutions across the wide array of ARM technology offerings.
The Green Hills solution for the Cortex processor family consists of the following components:
- MULTI integrated development environment – providing the industry leading DSO tool set for embedded software developers
- Green Hills compilers for ARM processors – providing industry-leading code generation in terms of code size and performance
- INTEGRITY, velOSity, and µ-velOSity real-time operating systems – providing support for the broadest range of applications, from the most resource-constrained and cost-sensitive devices up to systems requiring the ultimate in reliability and security
- Green Hills probe and SuperTrace probe – providing reliable and efficient debugging using the ARM CoreSight™ debug port
- TimeMachine tool suite – taking advantage of the ARM CoreSight trace port to enable debugging forwards and backwards in time to find the most elusive bugs, optimize with ease, and test with confidence
"The ARM Cortex processor family with its ARMv7 ISA provides an impressive performance to footprint ratio,” said David Kleidermacher, chief technology officer at Green Hills Software. “The combination of these processors with the Green Hills ARM/Thumb®-2 compilers, MULTI IDE, and INTEGRITY family of RTOSes, that are already ported and running on Cortex family processors, provides a compelling solution for developers and OEMs."
“With broad support for our processor families, Green Hills Software has long been an important component of the ARM ecosystem. We are delighted that Green Hills continues this long tradition by providing a complete solution of tools and operating systems for ARM Cortex processors,” commented John Cornish, VP product marketing, processors, ARM.
About the ARM Cortex Family
The ARM Cortex processor family comprises three series, which all implement the Thumb-2 instruction set to address the increasing performance and cost demands of various markets:
- ARM Cortex-A Series, applications processors for complex OS and user applications.
Supports the ARM, Thumb and Thumb-2 instruction sets
- ARM Cortex-R Series, embedded processors for real-time systems.
Supports the ARM, Thumb, and Thumb-2 instruction sets
- ARM Cortex-M Series, deeply embedded processors optimized for cost-sensitive applications.
Supports the Thumb & Thumb-2 instruction sets only.
About Green Hills Software
Founded in 1982, Green Hills Software, Inc. is the technology leader in device software optimization (DSO) and real-time operating systems (RTOS) for 32- and 64-bit embedded systems. Our royalty-free INTEGRITY® and velOSity
™ real-time operating systems, µ-velOSity
™ microkernel, compilers, MULTI® and AdaMULTI™ integrated development environments and TimeMachine™ tool suite offer a complete development solution that addresses both deeply embedded and high-reliability applications. Green Hills Software is headquartered in Santa Barbara, CA, with European headquarters in the United Kingdom. Visit Green Hills Software on the web at www.ghs.com