ANDOVER, Mass. -- March 13, 2007
-- Avery Design Systems, provider of industry proven Verification IP for PCI Express and Parallel/Serial ATA, today announced the availability of PCI-Xactor for the PCI Express 2.0 (Gen2) with comprehensive coverage on the digital logic portion of the PCI-SIG Protocol Checklist.
PCI-Xactor for PCI Express is one of the most widely used and proven solutions for functional verification of PCI Express designs. The new release fully supports Gen2 including Root Complex, Endpoint, and Switch models, protocol assertions, and compliance tests. Core-level compliance has been enhanced through an innovative application port driver methodology (DUT integration) to maximize controllability and observability. Cross mode verification between different revisions of the standard provides forward and backward compatibility testing. Advanced sequential consistency verification is now supported which utilizes reference models to isolate bugs faster and improve random test result prediction.
"We have been working with leading edge PCI Express IP core vendors and several early adopters on Gen2 compliance for over a year. Our compliance testsuites which offer the most comprehensive measured checklist coverage and our support for advanced debug methods result in higher quality designs and reduced verification effort for our customers", says Chris Browy, Vice President Avery Design Systems. "Our compliance testsuites for endpoint, root complex, and switch designs are completely documented and check and report on over 85% of the total checklist assertions and thoroughly cover typical PCIe feature sets used in customer designs".
More details on PCI-Xactor and compliance testing are described in the following papers available in the Avery Design web site www.avery-design.com
- "Leveraging Robust 3rd Party VIP for Successful PCI Express Compliance Verification" by Shaw Yang
- "Advanced Functional Verification and Debug of PCI Express-based Designs" by Chris Browy, Embedded Computing Design, August 2006
PCI-Xactor for PCI Express Gen2 supports testing compliance of the Gen2 features including:
- LTSSM changes supporting speed up/down negotiation and link up/down configuration (Recovery)
- Polling.Compliance Data Rates and Loopback changes
- Function Level Reset
- Completion timeout
- Access control services
About PCI-Xactor for PCI Express
The PCI-Xactor for PCI Express Verification Solution is a complete verification solution consisting of Bus Function Model (BFM), SuperMonitor, PCI-SIG compliance checklist assertions, testsuites, and verification frameworks for functional verification of PCI Express components. The PCI-Xactor allows design and verification engineers to quickly and extensively test the entire functionality of their PCI Express compliant devices. Verification frameworks form complete testbench environments for endpoint, root complex, and switch designs.
- Verilog source code format for BFMs and testcases
- Complete set of fully functional BFMs and testbenches for every PCI Express component: Endpoint, Root Complex, Switch
- Support for serial, 10-bit symbol, and PIPE interfaces.
- Robust BFM API automates sending TLPs/DLLPs and controlling automatic BFM device response behaviors and link and device state transitions
- Supports transaction-oriented request-completion and error injection sequences based on address and command type attributes
- Inject errors and noise at all layers
- Root Complex provides BIOS enumeration functions to validate OS and PCI2.3 compatibility
- Test suites include the PCI-SIG-based compliance tests in addition to Avery-based endpoint, root complex, and switch testsuites that target high compliance coverage from their corresponding checklists
- Test are self-checking, portable, and reusable on most types of designs
- Sequential consistency checking using design matchpoints
- SuperMonitor verifies transaction ordering in N-port switch and bridge designs
- Native programming interfaces for Vera, SystemVerilog, SystemC, VHDL, C/C++
About Avery Design Systems
Avery Design Systems Inc. is a supplier of functional verification products and service that enables dramatic productivity improvements of the ASIC-based systems and SOC verification process. Additional information about Avery Design Systems is available at http://www.avery-design.com.