Rapid Design and Evaluation Platform of High-Speed Systems with Low-Cost FPGA Configuration Solution Santa Clara, CA., March 15, 2007
- Tokyo Electron Device, Ltd. (TED), today announced it has developed the highest performance multi-application evaluation platform for the XilinxR Virtex-5 LX 330 and its family, which today is the industry's highest density and highest performance FPGA in the market. TED's new Virtex-5 LX Multi-Application Evaluation Platform enables efficient design and evaluation of a wide range of high-speed applications, including consumer products such as high definition televisions, set-top boxes and printers, as well as telecommunications equipment, medical devices and miscellaneous industrial equipment.
"As a leading Xilinx's distributor in Japan, TED is pleased to have again collaborated with Xilinx in developing this new Virtex-5 evaluation platform," said Toshiaki Sunagawa, president and representative director of TED. "The Virtex-5 family is the flagship FPGA for Xilinx and a key new addition to our line of inrevium board products."
Built with TED's inrevium? TE7725PF, a low-cost FPGA configuration control LSI, the Virtex-5 LX Multi-Application Evaluation Platform meets the rapidly growing market demand for a development environment that enables design engineers to rapidly evaluate high-speed interface technologies such as DDR2-SDRAM and LVDS. The Virtex-5 LX platform also features:
- Xilinx XC5VLX110 or 220 or 330-1FF1760, the industry's first 65nm FPGA and Xilinx's flagship high density and performance FPGAs
- On-board DDR2-SDRAM chips (667Mbps) and DDR2 SO-DIMM slot to evaluate high-speed memory access
- Reference design of high-speed DDR2-SDRAM memory interface
- 10/100 Ethernet, RS232C and LVDS interface ports
- Expansion I/O ports for optional interface boards including DVI Tx/Rx, Camera Link, Optical Link and USB
- " High Efficiency DC/DC ƒÊModule from Linear Technology (LTM4600)
The TE7725PF is a second generation FPGA configuration controller from TED. The TE7725PF enables the configuration of the Xilinx FPGA with a NOR flash memory (up to 256Mbit) on the board instead of using conventional PROMs. By sharing a flash memory chip on the board both for CPU boot memory and FPGA configuration data, the TE7725PF helps to significantly reduce board size and total costs. Pricing and Availability
All Virtex-5 LX110/220/330 platforms are available now, with prices starting at US$4,980. The platform is available through TED's worldwide distributor partners, HiTech Global Distribution, LLC (http://www.hitechglobal.com
) and Nu Horizons Electronics Corp. (http://www.nuhorizons.com
). About Tokyo Electron Device Limited
Tokyo Electron Device is an affiliate of Tokyo Electron Limited, one of the world's leading semiconductor manufacturing equipment suppliers. TED has sold its technology as a specialized electronics trading company inside Japan about 40 years, and now the company is applying its knowledge, technology and service capability to establish its inrevium product line in the global industrial market. For more information on inrevium products, visit the website at www.inrevium.jp/eng/