June 25, 2007 -- FSA issued its CYQ1 2007 Global Fabless Fundings & Financials Report outlining key statistics for industry growth in the first quarter of 2007, including:
- Fabless industry revenue totaled $11.7 billion, which equated to 19 percent of the semiconductor sales total of $61.0 billion.
- Worldwide fabless industry revenue fell eight percent quarter-over-quarter and 0.6 percent year-over-year.
- Top ten fabless companies by first quarter revenue, which combined for $6.5 billion, or 55 percent of total revenue:
- QUALCOMM (QCT Division) [NASDAQ: QCOM]: $1.3B
- Broadcom [NASDAQ: BRCM]: $901M
- NVIDIA Corporation [NASDAQ: NVDA]: $844M
- SanDisk Corporation [NASDAQ: SNDK]: $786M
- Marvell Technology Group Ltd [NASDAQ: MRVL]: $635M
- LSI Logic [NYSE: LSI]: $465M
- MediaTek Incorporation [TSEC: 2454]: $450M
- Xilinx, Inc. [NASDAQ: XLNX]: $443M
- Avago Technologies [Private]: $386M
- Altera [NASDAQ: ALTR]: $305M
- 39 fabless companies raised $500.8 million, a 32 percent quarter-over-quarter dollar amount increase and a 18 percent increase in the number of deals closed.
The report is available for purchase at www.fsa.org/store
FSA is the voice of the global fabless business model. Incorporated in 1994, FSA positively impacts the growth and return on invested capital of this business model to enhance the environment for innovation. It provides a platform for meaningful global collaboration between fabless companies and their partners; identifies and articulates opportunities and challenges to enable solutions; and provides research, resources, publications and survey information. Members include fabless companies and their supply chain and service partners, representing more than 21 countries across the globe. www.fsa.org.