Faraday Launches Silicon-Proven DDR2 Memory Physical Interface IP
Hsinchu, Taiwan -- June 26, 2007 -- Faraday Technology (TAIEX: 3035), a leading ASIC and IP provider, today announced the availability of DDR2 physical interface (PHY) IP in UMC 0.13um and 90nm process. Faraday’s DDR2 PHY IP, a reliable, cost-effective, and easy-to-integrate memory interface solution, enables semiconductor companies, in a timely manner, to make high performance DDR2 memory interface System-on-Chips (SoCs) for their consumer, automotive, industrial and medical applications.
DDR2 interface is vital to develop innovative applications, and nowadays SoC designers especially demand high-speed and low-power DDR2 solution with the hope for balancing both the cost and performance. However, the benefit of adopting DDR2 interface is usually coupled with weighty implementation challenges, especially the impedance discontinuities together with signal and voltage integrity caused by impedance mismatch. Designers need to spend a considerable amount of time managing not only on-chip IP blocks integration but also off-chip signaling details when delivering high-performance DDR2 interfaces. This situation will especially get aggravated if IP blocks are acquired from multiple vendors.
Faraday’s single-vendor DDR2 physical Interface IP, leveraging the company’s unique strength in analog I/O buffer circuit design, provides precision output driver impedance, and offers customers a superior way of tackling system level signal integrity issues. Designers using Faraday’s DDR2 IP can gain excellent signal quality for a full range of PCB route impedance, termination tolerance, and a variety of board topologies; thus, it can expand system timing budget and help resolve timing closure problems.
"We are glad to launch this production-ready DDR2 PHY IP to meet customers demand for a robust and failsafe memory interface solution. The complete solution that includes SSTL18 I/Os, data synchronization module, and analog DLL will reduce the designers integration effort to a great extent," said Hsin Wang, vice president of IP Business and Technology at Faraday. " Furthermore, uniquely considering off-chip conditions in our design allows customers to attain the highest performance/ cost ratio during the board design phase, and ultimately enhances their overall competitiveness."
About Faraday’s DDR2 PHY:
- SSTL18 compliant with JEDEC JESD8-15
- Differential data strobe
- Support X8, X16 and X32 DRAM organization
- Compliant to either a Point to Point or DIMM configuration
- Support auto calibrating P/N output driver impedance using OCD methods.
- On-chip decoupling capacitors to reduce SSO bounces
- Support multiple sets of programmable on-die termination(ODT)
About Faraday Technology Corporation
Faraday Technology Corporation is a leading silicon IP and fabless ASIC vendor. The company's broad silicon IP portfolio includes 32-bit RISC CPUs, DSPs, MPEG4, H.264, PHYs/Controllers for USB 2.0, Ethernet, Serial ATA, PCI Express, Cell Library and Memory Compiler. With more than 700 employees and 2006 revenue of US$171 million, Faraday is one of the largest fabless ASIC companies in the Asia-Pacific region, and it also has a significant presence in other world-wide markets. Headquartered in Taiwan , Faraday has service and support offices around the world, including the U.S. , Japan , Europe, and China . For more information, please visit:www.faraday-tech.com
Search Silicon IP
Faraday Technology Corp. Hot IP
- Novelics Introduces Silicon-Proven coolSRAM-1T for SoC Designers with Large Embedded Memory Needs
- Mixel Announces First Silicon-Proven Mobile Display Digital Interface Transceiver IP for Digital Handsets
- Faraday Delivers Silicon-Proven Structured ASIC Chips with ARM Architecture CPU, USB, Ethernet, and Wireless Connectivity
- Kilopass to Provide Tower Semiconductor Silicon-Proven Field-Programmable Non-Volatile Memory for 0.18-Micron CMOS Process
- Faraday Announces Its First Silicon-proven TFT LCD TCON Platform -- FT-300
- Interview: Aart de Geus on AI-driven EDA
- CXL Testing Leverages PCIe Expertise
- Blue Ocean Smart System Unveils Chiplet-Based Products Powered by VeriSilicon's High-Performance Processors
- POLYN Introduces VibroSense, Industry-First Application-Specific Vibration Pre-Processing Chip Design
- Renesas Expands RISC-V Embedded Processing Portfolio with New Voice-Control ASSP Solution
- Report: Arm proposes change to IP royalty model
- Synopsys.ai Unveiled as Industry's First Full-Stack, AI-Driven EDA Suite for Chipmakers
- China forms its own chiplet standard amid isolation
- Interview: Aart de Geus on AI-driven EDA
- Networking Chip Startup Enfabrica Emerges from Stealth Mode to Solve Scalability and Price-Performance Challenges for AI Growth in Cloud
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|