Complete Analog-Video Processing Solution in Compact Package Combines 3D Comb Filter, Noise-Reduction Functions and Embedded DRAM to Reduce Design Complexity and Overall System Cost
SAN JOSE , Calif. -- August 20, 2007 -- Toshiba America Electronic Components, Inc. (TAEC)*, a committed leader that collaborates with technology companies to create breakthrough designs, today announced the introduction of a second-generation, high-performance 3D comb filter front-end processor targeted at advanced analog and digital televisions, audio/video systems, set-top boxes and other video-processing systems. Designated TC90103AFG, the highly integrated device provides a complete solution for analog-video processing. It integrates a 3D comb filter for NTSC, a multi-standard 3-line comb filter, 3D noise-reduction functions, a digital multi-standard decoder and 5 Mbits of embedded DRAM for frame-buffer memory in a compact 144-pin LQFP package.
"Our highly integrated single-chip solution provides outstanding video quality with its high-quality, analog-video luma (Y) and chroma (C) separation, multi-standard color decoding and YCbCr output in the digital domain. The integration of embedded DRAM reduces design complexity and overall system cost while increasing reliability," said Shardul Kazi, vice president of the ASSP Business Unit at Toshiba America Electronic Components, Inc. "This second-generation product complements other Toshiba solutions for video-processing and digital-TV applications and extends the company's leadership in the video-processing segment and digital-consumer electronics market."
Highlights of the TC90103AFG include the following:
Pricing and Availability
- Features built-in, high-performance 3D and 3-line comb filters and 3D Y and C noise-reduction functions
- Y/C separation: 3D YCS (3.58 NTSC), 3-line YCS (NTSC/PAL) and band-pass filter (SECAM)
- 3DNR: CVBS (3-line comb mode), S-video, YCbCr, RGB
- Integrates an adaptive digital multi-standard color decoder; this multi-format decoder capability makes it suitable for use in a worldwide chassis.
- Uses adaptive multi-standard detection and sync processing
- Incorporates 5 Mbits of embedded DRAM for frame-buffer memory
- Features 10-bit and 8-bit analog-to-digital converters to support various input interfaces, including CVBS, S-Video, YCbCr and 10-bit 4fsc digital CVBS
- Features digital ITU-R656 and ITU-R601 output for high-quality pictures
- Integrates signal-/noise-level detection, data slice functions for world regions (ID-1, WSS, CCD) and a Macrovision signal-detection circuit
- Features analog automatic gain control (AGC) with sync AGC and peak AGC
- Integrates an RGB fast blanking mixer
- Incorporates numerous picture-improvement functions
- Y: V enhance, LTI, sharpness, noise cancel, contrast and brightness
- C: take-off filter, ACC, color gain, CTI and noise cancel
- Includes support for SCART interface
- Offers Gemstar G-guide support
- Has I2C bus control
- Power supply: 3.3 volts (V), 2.5V and 1.5V
- Housed in a 144-pin LQFP package (LeadPb-free1 )
Samples are available now and the device is in full production. TC90103AFG is priced at $10.00.
For a product brief, please visit:http://www.toshiba.com/taec/components/docs/ProdBrief/07D04_TC90103AFG.pdfAbout TAEC
Through proven commitment, lasting relationships and advanced, reliable electronic components, Toshiba enables its customers to create market-leading designs. Toshiba is the heartbeat within product breakthroughs from OEMs, ODMs, CMs, distributors and fabless chip companies worldwide. A committed electronic components leader , Toshiba designs and manufactures high-quality flash memory-based storage solutions, discrete devices, displays, advanced materials, medical tubes, custom SoCs/ASICs, digital multimedia and imaging products, microcontrollers and wireless components, that make possible today's leading cell phones, MP3 players, cameras, medical devices, automotive electronics and more.
Toshiba America Electronic Components, Inc. is an independent operating company owned by Toshiba America, Inc., a subsidiary of Toshiba Corporation, Japan 's largest semiconductor manufacturer and the world's fourth largest semiconductor manufacturer (iSuppli, World's Top Semiconductor Supplier Ranking in 2006.) For additional company and product information, please visit http://www.toshiba.com/taec/ .