Global Unichip Licenses ARM Physical IP, Fabric IP and Development Tools
Full-service SoC design foundry expands ARM portfolio with volume licenses for end-to-end system solutions
HSINCHU, TAIWAN AND CAMBRIDGE, UK – Sept. 20, 2007 – Global Unichip Corp. (GUC) and ARM today announced that GUC has licensed ARM® Physical IP, Fabric IP, the RealView® Development Suite and CoreSight™ on-chip debug and trace technology to support its customers’ design activities worldwide. GUC, a member of the ARM Connected Community, is a dedicated full-service SoC design foundry which provides advanced silicon solutions through a close partnership with TSMC. Based in Taiwan, GUC has a global customer base throughout Asia, North America and Europe.
“The reliability of the ARM architecture and the broad support available in the ARM Connected Community has made ARM the preferred choice for IC design solutions,” said Jim Lai, president and chief operating officer, GUC. “Through our new volume license of ARM Physical IP, Fabric IP, RealView Development Suite and CoreSight on-chip debug and trace technology, we will be able to bring even greater value to customers looking for total system solutions for complex SoC designs.”
By expanding its current ARM technology portfolio, which includes the ARM7TDMI®, ARM926EJ™, ARM922T™ and ARM946E™ processors, GUC will also be able to make ARM physical design, system design and development tools available to its customers in volume and accelerate time-to-market.
“Global Unichip is helping its customers transform the SoC design process by making it easier than ever to bring innovative ARM Powered® products to market,” said Simon Segars, EVP and general manager, ARM Physical IP Division. “By taking advantage of ARM Physical IP, Fabric IP and the RealView Development Suite, GUC customers will have more options in differentiating and maximizing the efficiency of their low-power SoC designs.”
About Global Unichip Corp.
Global Unichip Corp. (GUC), a dedicated full service SoC (System on Chip) Design Foundry based in Taiwan, was founded in 1998. GUC provides total solutions from silicon-proven IP to complex time-to-market SoC turnkey services. GUC is committed to providing the most advanced and the best price-performance silicon solutions through close partnership with TSMC, GUC major shareholder, and other key packaging and testing power houses. With state of the art EDA tools, advanced methodologies, and experienced technical team, GUC ensures the highest quality and lowest risks to achieve first silicon success. GUC has established a global customer base throughout Greater China, Japan, Korea, North America, and Europe. Its track-record in complex SoC designs has brought benefits to customers in time to revenue at the lowest risk.
ARM designs the technology that lies at the heart of advanced digital products, from wireless, networking and consumer entertainment solutions to imaging, automotive, security and storage devices. ARM’s comprehensive product offering includes 16/32-bit RISC microprocessors, data engines, graphics processors, digital libraries, embedded memories, peripherals, software and development tools, as well as analog functions and high-speed connectivity products. Combined with the company’s broad Partner community, they provide a total system solution that offers a fast, reliable path to market for leading electronics companies. More information on ARM is available at http://www.arm.com.
Search Silicon IP
Arm Ltd Hot IP
- Global Unichip Corp. (GUC) Licenses Arteris FlexNoC Fabric IP for 16nm System-on-Chip (SoC) IP Verification Platform
- Global Unichip Licenses Comprehensive ARM IP Portfolio
- Alchip Licenses ARM CPU, Fabric IP and Physical IP to Provide SoC Solutions
- eSOL Licenses ARM Compiler Tools For µITRON Embedded Systems Development Environments
- IAR Systems introduces 64-bit Arm core support in leading embedded development tools
- Interview: Aart de Geus on AI-driven EDA
- CXL Testing Leverages PCIe Expertise
- Blue Ocean Smart System Unveils Chiplet-Based Products Powered by VeriSilicon's High-Performance Processors
- POLYN Introduces VibroSense, Industry-First Application-Specific Vibration Pre-Processing Chip Design
- Renesas Expands RISC-V Embedded Processing Portfolio with New Voice-Control ASSP Solution
- Report: Arm proposes change to IP royalty model
- Synopsys.ai Unveiled as Industry's First Full-Stack, AI-Driven EDA Suite for Chipmakers
- China forms its own chiplet standard amid isolation
- Interview: Aart de Geus on AI-driven EDA
- Networking Chip Startup Enfabrica Emerges from Stealth Mode to Solve Scalability and Price-Performance Challenges for AI Growth in Cloud
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|