SEATTLE, Wash., September 26, 2007
– Leading logic nonvolatile memory (NVM) intellectual property (IP) supplier, Impinj, Inc., today announced that the company’s multiple-time programmable AEON®/MTP memory designed with 2.5V floating-gate transistors has been silicon-verified in Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co.’s (TSMC’s) 65 nm LP process. A semiconductor technology breakthrough that leverages Impinj’s extensive semiconductor design expertise and TSMC’s advanced manufacturing capability, AEON/MTP is the first available NVM IP based on floating gate technology with 2.5V transistors. Impinj is also developing AEON/MTP NVM cores in TSMC’s 45 nm processes to address escalating demand from leading-edge system-on-chip (SoC) designers for logic NVM in industry-leading process geometries.
Embedded in more than 600 million chips from leading semiconductor companies, AEON/MTP cores allow many more IC designs to leverage the benefits of multiple-time programmable (MTP) NVM in standard logic CMOS processes. Multiple-time programmable NVM provides significant SoC design flexibility and testability advantages over one-time programmable NVM, including security key refresh capability, in-field user data configuration and in-field performance optimization.
The 65 nm AEON/MTP product meets the following performance specifications:
- Availability in 32 bit to 8k bit configurations for maximum design flexibility
- 15k write-cycle endurance for frequent in-field updating or reprogramming
- 10-year data retention for long product life
- -40 to +125°C operating temperature for high demand industrial applications
“The availability of AEON/MTP in 65 nm processes dispels a long-held industry misconception that floating gates manufactured in 2.5V processes do not retain charge,” said Larry Morrell, vice president and general manager of IP Products at Impinj. “AEON/MTP NVM with 2.5V floating gate transistors has been put through rigorous testing and its reliability and performance have been proven.”
Impinj’s AEON/MTP cores in TSMC’s 65 nm process are available in November to qualified customers with broad availability in the first quarter of 2008. Development of AEON/MTP cores in TSMC’s 45 nm process is underway with planned availability in late 2008.
To request datasheets and additional information about Impinj's AEON logic nonvolatile memory, please visit ip-support.impinj.com
.About Impinj, Inc.
Impinj, Inc. is a semiconductor and RFID company whose patented Self-Adaptive Silicon® technology enables two synergistic business lines: high-performance RFID solutions and semiconductor intellectual property (IP). Impinj is the leading technical innovator in developing UHF RFID solutions for both item-level and supply-chain tagging worldwide. Impinj draws on its technical expertise and industry partnerships to deliver the GrandPrix™ RFID solution comprising high-performance tags, readers, software, antennas, and systems integration. Impinj also licenses innovative IP products to leading semiconductor companies worldwide, allowing them to seamlessly integrate crucial nonvolatile memory (NVM) alongside analog and digital functionality on a single chip. Impinj's IP products include the popular AEON® family of embeddable cores, which provide rewriteable NVM technology in logic CMOS manufacturing. For more information, visit www.impinj.com