Leading Industry Analyst Firm Names Nios II Processor as FPGA Industry's Number One Soft Processor Core
San Jose, Calif. -- December 13, 2007 -- Altera Corporation today announced its Nios® II processor core is the FPGA industry’s most widely used soft processor based on design starts, as confirmed by the market research firm Gartner in its most recent report “Market Trends: ASIC Design Starts 2007.” Altera’s Nios II processor core is a configurable, 32-bit FPGA-based soft microprocessor that is used in a wide variety of applications and end markets such as wireline, broadcast, military, wireless, automotive, and consumer.
“We are pleased that Gartner confirmed what we have been seeing in the marketplace,” said Chris Balough, Altera’s director of software and embedded marketing. “Since its introduction, Altera has shipped over 20,000 Nios II development kits, and over 5,000 customers worldwide—including the world’s largest electronics OEMs—have adopted Nios II embedded processors into their products. In as fast as a few minutes, FPGA designers can build exact-fit processor systems with custom-configured processor cores, peripherals, memory interfaces, and custom hardware peripherals to meet the unique demands of their system.”
For more information on the Altera® Nios II processor core, visit www.altera.com/nios2.
Altera programmable solutions enable system and semiconductor companies to rapidly and cost-effectively innovate, differentiate and win in their markets. Find out more at www.altera.com.
Search Silicon IP
Intel FPGA Hot IP
- eSOL Forms Strategic Partnership with MoreThanIP to Offer a Versatile TCP/IP Solution for Altera's Nios II Soft Core Processor
- Altera's Cyclone II/Nios II Combination Delivers Industry's Lowest-Cost Soft Processor Solution
- Altera Functional Safety Package Combines FPGA Flexibility with "Lockstep" Processor Solution to Reduce Risk and Time-to-Market
- Altera's DO-254/ED-80 Certifiable Nios II Processor Leveraged in Thales Safety-Critical Avionics System Certified by EASA
- Timesys Delivers a Comprehensive, Low-cost Linux Solution for Altera's Nios II Embedded Processor
- Green Hills Software adds support for production-ready RTOS and tools to Imagination Technologies' RISC-V CPUs
- Kalray Announces Production Launch of New "Coolidge™2" DPU Processor Optimized for AI and Intensive Data Processing
- Global Semiconductor Sales Increase 0.3% Month-to-Month in April
- Defacto will celebrate its 20th anniversary at DAC with customer presentations and major technical announcements
- VeriSilicon Obtained Bluetooth 5.3 Certification for Its Complete Bluetooth Low Energy Solution
- GlobalFoundries and STMicroelectronics Finalize Agreement for New 300mm Semiconductor Manufacturing Facility in France
- Are Chiplets Enough to Save Moore's Law?
- Nanusens announces that it can now create ASICs with embedded sensors
- Consortium's Move Will Boost RISC-V Ecosystem, Thankfully
- Agile Analog launches first complete RISC-V analog IP subsystem at RISC-V Summit Europe
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|