Winbond Electronics Signs New License to MOSAID Patent Portfolio
OTTAWA, Ontario – December 20, 2007 – MOSAID Technologies Inc. today announced that it has signed a seven year, royalty bearing patent portfolio license agreement with Winbond Electronics Corporation (Winbond) of Taiwan.
“This new agreement with Winbond is an important milestone in our semiconductor licensing program,” said John Lindgren, President and Chief Executive Officer, MOSAID. “In 2003, Winbond was the first company to sign a fixed term, running royalty agreement with MOSAID, and today it has become the first company to sign a second term license with us. Going forward, I am very confident that MOSAID’s other term licensees will also see the value in signing new licenses to MOSAID’s growing patent portfolio at the end of their current term agreements.”
Winbond’s new agreement begins on January 1, 2008, following the December 31, 2007 expiration of its current five year agreement. The new agreement grants Winbond a license under MOSAID’s patents for all commodity and embedded Dynamic Random Access Memory (DRAM), as well as Pseudo Static RAM (PSRAM), products sold worldwide under Winbond’s brand name. Financial details of the license are confidential.
“We are pleased that Winbond chose to take a new license with terms and conditions that are very similar to the current agreement,” said Michael Vladescu, Vice President, Licensing and Intellectual Property, MOSAID. “The seven year term of this agreement reflects the evolving nature of our semiconductor memory patent portfolio, including its growing technical diversity and broader geographic coverage.”
MOSAID has signed patent portfolio license agreements with 16 companies since January 1999, and is currently in communication with more than 50 companies with respect to licensing its semiconductor and wireless/wireline patents.
MOSAID Technologies Inc. is one of the world’s leading intellectual property companies. MOSAID develops semiconductor memory technology and licenses patented intellectual property in the areas of semiconductors, and wired and wireless communications systems. MOSAID counts many of the world's largest technology companies among its licensees. Founded in 1975, MOSAID is based in Ottawa, Ontario. For more information, visit www.mosaid.com.
Search Silicon IP
- Winbond Electronics Licenses MOSAID Patent Portfolio
- Rambus Signs Patent License Agreement with Winbond
- MOSAID Signs Wireless Patent License Agreement With a Top-Ranked Semiconductor Supplier
- MOSAID Signs New Patent License Agreement With Nanya Technology
- MOSAID Signs Wireless Patent License Agreement With Sony
- intoPIX and PlexusAV Pioneer IPMX Standard-Based AV-over-IP Solutions
- Green Hills Software adds support for production-ready RTOS and tools to Imagination Technologies' RISC-V CPUs
- Kalray Announces Production Launch of New "Coolidge™2" DPU Processor Optimized for AI and Intensive Data Processing
- Global Semiconductor Sales Increase 0.3% Month-to-Month in April
- Defacto will celebrate its 20th anniversary at DAC with customer presentations and major technical announcements
- GlobalFoundries and STMicroelectronics Finalize Agreement for New 300mm Semiconductor Manufacturing Facility in France
- Are Chiplets Enough to Save Moore's Law?
- Nanusens announces that it can now create ASICs with embedded sensors
- Consortium's Move Will Boost RISC-V Ecosystem, Thankfully
- Agile Analog launches first complete RISC-V analog IP subsystem at RISC-V Summit Europe
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|