WorldwideSemiconductor Revenue Increased 13 Percent Quarter-Over-Quarter
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- January 10, 2008 -- The Global Semiconductor Alliance (GSA) released the CYQ3 2007 version of its Global Semiconductor Fundings and Financials Report. This quarterly report includes funding and financial data for fabless, integrated device manufacturer (IDM), pure-play foundry, intellectual property, electronic design automation, design service and back-end sectors; initial public offering data; and merger and acquisition data.
The key statistics outlined in the CYQ3 2007 Report include:
- Semiconductor revenue totaled $71.9 billion, with fabless and IDM revenue accounting for 20 percent and 80 percent ofthe CYQ3 2007 semiconductor sales total, respectively.
- North Americansemiconductor companies represented 52 percent of revenue, followed by Asia with 37 percent, Europe with 11 percent and India with less than one percent. (Note: Asia includes Taiwan, China, Korea and Japan.)
- The top15 semiconductor companies by CYQ3 2007 revenue accounted for $42.3 billion, or 59 percent of total semiconductor revenue.
- Intel [NASDAQ: INTC]: $10.09B
- Samsung Electronics [KSE: 5930]: $5.45B
- Toshiba [TSE: 6502]: $3.59B
- Texas Instruments [NYSE: TXN]: $3.46B
- Hynix Semiconductor [KSE: 000660]: $2.65B
- STMicroelectronics [NYSE: STM]: $2.57B
- Renesas Technology [Private]: $2.04B
- Sony [NYSE: SNE]: $1.78B
- NXP Semiconductors [Private]: $1.71B
- Advanced Micro Devices [NYSE: AMD]: $1.63B
- Infineon Technologies AG [FSE: IFX]: $1.59B
- NEC Electronics [TSE: 6723]: $1.46B
- Freescale Semiconductor [Private]: $1.45B
- Micron Technology [NYSE: MU]: $1.44B
- QUALCOMM - QCT Division [NASDAQ: QCOM]: $1.42B
- 57 fabless companies, IDMs and semiconductor suppliersraised $777.5 million, a 14 percent QoQ dollar amount increase and a 10 percent increase in the number of deals closed.
The Report is available complimentary to members; and the latest issue is priced at $300 for non-members. To learn more about this report, visit: http://www.gsaglobal.org/publications/financials/index.asp.
The Global Semiconductor Alliance (GSA) mission is to accelerate the growth and increase the return on invested capital of the global semiconductor industry by fostering a more effective fabless ecosystem through collaboration, integration and innovation. It addresses the challenges within the supply chain including IP, EDA/design, wafer manufacturing, test and packaging to enable industry-wide solutions. Providing a platform for meaningful global collaboration, the Alliance identifies and articulates market opportunities, encourages and supports entrepreneurship, and provides members with comprehensive and unique market intelligence. Members include companies throughout the supply chain representing 25 countries across the globe. www.gsaglobal.org