CAMBRIDGE, UK -- Janauary 22, 2008 --ARM today announced the availability of the new RealView® Trace 2 capture unit for use with the RealView ICE unit and new version 3.2 software release. This unique product combination:
- Introduces an innovative streaming technology for maximizing ARM® processor performance through software profiling
- Further expands the device bring-up and debug capabilities for the latest ARM processor-based product designs
The RealView ICE unit and the new RealView Trace 2 capture unit are the recommended reference tools for the run-control and off-chip trace data capture for all available ARM processors and ARM CoreSight™ debug technology. The tools provide first-support and fully support the industry standard JTAG and CoreSight Serial Wire Debug connections used with ARM technology-based devices and SoCs for debug and trace. The RealView Trace 2 trace capture unit introduces an innovative data streaming capability that directly enables hardware platform profiling by the RealView Profiler, a unique software tool specifically designed to enable non-intrusive analysis of software performance and code coverage of real system workloads running over minutes, hours or days.
The RealView Trace 2 is a capture unit that connects to the RealView ICE unit and directly replaces the previous RealView Trace unit..
- Fully compatible with the RealView Development Suite for connection and control of all ARM processors and ARM debug technology
- Fast, uninterrupted and non-intrusive trace data capture for comprehensive software analysis and profiling
- Off-chip capture of multiple trace data streams running at more than 400 Mbps for today’s high-speed single and multi-core processors
- Optional 32-bit wide trace port connectivity for extensive SoC debug and validation
Availability: January 2008
For ordering and pricing information please contact your local ARM office or authorized RealView Development Tools Distributors in your region.
ARM designs the technology that lies at the heart of advanced digital products, from wireless, networking and consumer entertainment solutions to imaging, automotive, security and storage devices. ARM’s comprehensive product offering includes 16/32-bit RISC microprocessors, data engines, graphics processors, digital libraries, embedded memories, peripherals, software and development tools, as well as analog functions and high-speed connectivity products. Combined with the company’s broad Partner community, they provide a total system solution that offers a fast, reliable path to market for leading electronics companies. More information on ARM is available at http://www.arm.com.