London, United Kingdom -- March 10, 2008
-- Axilica Limited demonstrates “FalconML” a state of the art product for behavioral synthesis of hardware designs from UML that targets FPGAs or ASICs. Axilica Limited demonstrates “FalconML” at DATE conference on 10th – 14th March 2008, Munich, Germany.
FalconML is a powerful new tool developed by Axilica to deliver behavioural synthesis of FPGA or ASIC-directed hardware designs from UML. FalconML radically improves designer productivity, allowing electronic chip design companies to:
- Construct complex systems with considerably reduced development times
- Minimise product development costs
- Reach markets ahead of competitors
- Rapidly add key differentiating features.
What is FalconML?
FalconML is a front-end EDA tool that initiates the design process at the UML specification level. It enables true software/hardware partitioning and delivers an output compatible with all EDA back-end flows. The advanced behavioural synthesis engine in FalconML provides routes from UML to both SystemC (for high-performance functional simulation) and to RTL (targeting both FPGAs and ASICs). Silicon IP generated by FalconML can integrate with legacy IP through direct control of design interfaces, allowing such IP to be utilised in new high-performance large-scale VLSI solutions, while taking advantage of the accelerated design process offered by FalconML.
Why use FalconML?
- FalconML automates the flow from specification capture to chip while shortening time to market
- FalconML gives a common starting point for hardware and software design, simplifying co-design and partitioning decisions
- FalconML integrates easily with existing tools and processes
- For software design companies, FaconML gives low cost of entry into hardware design, while end-products operate faster, consume less power and can be miniaturized
- Re-work costs are substantially reduced by performing verification at a higher level of abstraction
Axilica Limited provides products and services to support the rapid development of electronic systems. FalconML is now available for evaluation.
About Axilica Ltd
Axilica has developed a powerful new tool that enables the use of Unified Modeling Language (UML) for the design of electronic hardware. Axilica technology uses model-based techniques to greatly increase designer productivity when implementing today's highly complex electronic systems. Axilica Limited is a spin-out from Loughborough University’s Electrical & Electronic Engineering Department with funding from IPSO Ventures and The Lachesis Fund. Loughborough University Enterprises Limited is also a shareholder.