Multi-time Programmable NVM in TSMC’s 0.25 Micron/5V CMOS Process Gives Leading Analog Chip Provider Low Power, High Performance Embedded Memory Option
SEATTLE, Wash., April 3, 2008 – Leading logic nonvolatile memory (NVM) intellectual property (IP) supplier Impinj, Inc. today announced that the company’s AEON® NVM cores have been licensed by Avago Technologies – the former semiconductor division of Hewlett-Packard and a leading supplier of analog interface and sensor components.
Silicon-proven at the world’s leading semiconductor foundries, Impinj’s AEON/MTP NVM cores deliver significant design and cost advantages to analog and system chip designers including:
- Reliability— production proven in more than 800 million units shipped, AEON memory cores have been proven in some of the world's highest volume applications
- Flexibility—more than 200 different AEON configurations and bit counts are available to meet a wide variety of application and design requirements
- Scalability—AEON memory products scale to smaller feature sizes, and Impinj continually adds offerings as new process nodes become available
- Ease of integration—all AEON memory products are compatible with standard logic or mixed-mode CMOS processes, need no additional masks or processing steps, and can be found in the world's leading foundries
- Testability—true MTP enables thorough production testing
“We are very pleased that Impinj’s AEON/MTP cores have been chosen to help meet the growing demand for Avago Technologies’ products." said Larry Morrell, vice president and general manager of IP Products at Impinj. “AEON/MTP’s cost, power, size and testability advantages provide a significant improvement to older, one-time programmable NVM.”
About Impinj, Inc.
Impinj, Inc. is a semiconductor and RFID company whose patented Self-Adaptive Silicon® technology enables two synergistic business lines: high-performance RFID solutions and semiconductor intellectual property (IP). Impinj is the leading technical innovator in developing UHF RFID solutions for both item-level and supply-chain tagging worldwide. Impinj draws on its technical expertise and industry partnerships to deliver the GrandPrix™ RFID solution comprising high-performance tags, readers, software, antennas and systems integration. Impinj also licenses innovative IP products to leading semiconductor companies worldwide, allowing them to seamlessly integrate crucial nonvolatile memory (NVM) alongside analog and digital functionality on a single chip. Impinj's IP products include the popular AEON® family of embeddable cores, which provide rewriteable NVM technology in logic CMOS manufacturing. For more information, visit www.impinj.com.