Cambridge, UK – June 25, 2008: ARM today announces the availability of device support within the RealView® family of development tools for Freescale i.MX31 multimedia applications processors. The device support is provided to enable embedded developers to start development on Freescale i.MX31 processors quickly. It enables developers to connect to their development board using RealView Development Suite and the RealView ICE debug probe without the need for extensive hardware bring-up. This will accelerate time-to-market for popular multimedia-based products such as portable media players, automotive communications devices, and 3D gaming handsets while ensuring best-in-class feature performance.
- Auto-configure your debug connection with the push of a button in RealView ICE debug hardware and software with accelerated hardware bring-up.
- Extended Target Visibility in RealView Debugger provides memory map and register visibility for on and off-chip peripherals
- Seamless connection to flash memory via RealView Debugger or the new Eclipse-based Flash Programmer plug-in from ARM, which provides easy programming of flash.
- Initialization and configuration scripts for the Zoom LiteKit development board for Freescale i.MX31 processors are included in example projects within the RealView Development Suite plug-ins for Eclipse IDE, assisting with verification of a connection to the development board
- Project Templates with preconfigured settings for Freescale i.MX31 development enables developers to create new projects without additional project customization
The ARM RealView Development Suite is a comprehensive, end-to-end solution for software development that supports all ARM processors and ARM debug technology. RealView tools offer the highest-performance ARM C/C++ compilers and support the most advanced debug technology available today for bringing up the latest SoC and ASIC designs.
ARM RealView enhanced support features for Freescale i.MX31 multimedia applications processors are available now, free-of-charge via electronic download to new and existing RealView Development Suite and RealView ICE customers.
ARM designs the technology that lies at the heart of advanced digital products, from wireless, networking and consumer entertainment solutions to imaging, automotive, security and storage devices. ARM’s comprehensive product offering includes 32-bit RISC microprocessors, graphics processors, enabling software, cell libraries, embedded memories, high-speed connectivity products, peripherals and development tools. Combined with comprehensive design services, training, support and maintenance, and the company’s broad Partner community, they provide a total system solution that offers a fast, reliable path to market for leading electronics companies. More information on ARM is available at http://www.arm.com.