CAMBRIDGE, UK – Aug.18, 2008 - ARM today announces the availability of SoC Designer version 7.1. This release provides several new benefits and enhancements and is the last release made by ARM. As per the agreement with Carbon Design Systems, Carbon has assumed future development, support and sale of the SoC Designer tool.
- Faster loading of the component library thanks to caching support
- Faster components creation with new IP-XACT and Verilog based modes
- Remote Debugging using new TCP/IP based communication protocol for the CADI Server and Client
- Link to Algorithmic level with updated Mathworks’ Simulink co-simulation support
- Easier and more powerful profiling via new and improved simulation probes
- Broader choice of supported platforms and compilers
- Easier installation procedure with new customized installer
ARM SoC Designer version 7.1 is available free of charge for existing SoC Designer customers with valid support and maintenance and can be downloaded from the ARM ESL Support web site. New and existing SoC Designer customers should contact Carbon Designs Systems for support and product roadmap information.
ARM designs the technology that lies at the heart of advanced digital products, from wireless, networking and consumer entertainment solutions to imaging, automotive, security and storage devices. ARM’s comprehensive product offering includes 32-bit RISC microprocessors, graphics processors, enabling software, cell libraries, embedded memories, high-speed connectivity products, peripherals and development tools. Combined with comprehensive design services, training, support and maintenance, and the company’s broad Partner community, they provide a total system solution that offers a fast, reliable path to market for leading electronics companies. More information on ARM is available at http://www.arm.com.