GSA Releases CYQ2 2008 Growth Statistics From Global Semiconductor Financial Report
SAN JOSE, Calif. - October 10, 2008 - The Global Semiconductor Alliance (GSA) today released the CYQ2 2008 version of its Global Semiconductor Financial Report. This quarterly report includes detailed trend analysis on financial data for fabless, integrated device manufacturer (IDM), pure-play foundry, intellectual property, electronic design automation, design service and back-end sectors.
The key statistics outlined in the CYQ2 2008 report include:
- Fabless revenue totaled $13.9 billion in CYQ2 2008, rising 4 percent quarter-over-quarter and 9 percent year-over-year. CYQ2 2008 fabless revenue equated to 21 percent of the Q2 2008 semiconductor sales total.
- Fabless revenue totaled $27.3 billion in 1H 2008, rising 12 percent year-over-year. 1H 2008 fabless revenue equated to 20 percent of the 1H 2008 semiconductor sales total.
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue totaled $67.4 billion in CYQ2 2008, falling 2 percent quarter-over-quarter, but rising 5 percent year-over-year.
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue totaled $136.1 billion in 1H 2008, rising 5 percent year-over-year.
- The top 10 fabless companies by second-quarter revenue combined for $8.0 billion, or 58 percent of total CYQ2 2008 fabless revenue:
- Qualcomm – QCT Division [NASDAQ: QCOM]: $1.8B
- Broadcom [NASDAQ: BRCM]: $1.2B
- NVIDIA [NASDAQ: NVDA]: $892.7M
- Marvell Technology Group [NASDAQ: MRVL]: $842.6M
- SanDisk [NASDAQ: SNDK]: $816.0M
- LSI [NYSE: LSI]: $692.1M
- MediaTek [TSEC: 2454]: $543.6M
- Xilinx [NASDAQ: XLNX]: $488.2M
- Avago Technologies [Private]: $439.0M
- Altera [NASDAQ: ALTR]: $359.9M
The report and accompanying downloadable Excel spreadsheet with more than 11,000 financial data points are available complimentary to GSA members.
For non-members, the latest issue of the report is priced at $300. For more information about this report, visit: http://www.gsaglobal.org/publications/financials/index.asp
The Global Semiconductor Alliance (GSA) mission is to accelerate the growth and increase the return on invested capital of the global semiconductor industry by fostering a more effective fabless ecosystem through collaboration, integration and innovation. It addresses the challenges within the supply chain including IP, EDA/design, wafer manufacturing, test and packaging to enable industry-wide solutions. Providing a platform for meaningful global collaboration, the Alliance identifies and articulates market opportunities, encourages and supports entrepreneurship, and provides members with comprehensive and unique market intelligence. Members include companies throughout the supply chain representing 25 countries across the globe. www.gsaglobal.org