Patriot Scientific Corporation Announces Respironics, Leader in Respiratory Market, to Be Licensed by MMP(TM) Portfolio
CARLSBAD, Calif.-- October 21, 2008 --Patriot Scientific Corporation today announced that Royal Philips Electronics has purchased a Moore Microprocessor Patent™ (MMP) Portfolio license from the TPL Group to cover its recently acquired business unit, Respironics, which is a leader in the respiratory supplier market. Royal Philips Electronics, headquartered in the Netherlands, serving more than 60 countries worldwide with 123,800 employees, purchased its initial MMP license in 2007.
"We are pleased to see Royal Philips Electronics extend coverage to its newly acquired business unit, expanding the wide range of companies, and applications, licensed on the MMP™ Portfolio," said Rick Goerner, Patriot Scientific President and CEO.
Industry leaders including Hewlett Packard, Kenwood, Sony, Robert Bosch, Philips, Nokia, DirecTV and Fujitsu are among the more than fifty global companies from the U.S., Japan, Korea, Taiwan and Europe that have purchased MMP Portfolio licenses.
About Royal Philips Electronics
Royal Philips Electronics of the Netherlands (NYSE: PHG - News) (AEX: PHI) is a global leader in healthcare, lighting and consumer lifestyle, delivering people-centric, innovative products, services and solutions through the brand promise of "sense and simplicity." Headquartered in the Netherlands, Philips employs approximately 123,800 employees in more than 60 countries worldwide. With sales of EUR 27 billion in 2007, the company is a market leader in medical diagnostic imaging and patient monitoring systems, energy efficient lighting solutions as well as lifestyle solutions for personal wellbeing. News from Philips is located at www.philips.com/newscenter.
About the MMP Portfolio
The Moore Microprocessor Patent Portfolio contains intellectual property that is jointly owned by the privately-held TPL Group and publicly-held Patriot Scientific Corporation (OTCBB: PTSC - News). The MMP Portfolio includes seven U.S. patents as well as their European and Japanese counterparts. It is widely recognized that the MMP Portfolio protects fundamental technology used in microprocessors, microcontrollers, digital signal processors (DSPs), embedded processors and system-on-chip (SoC) devices. Manufacturers of microprocessor-based products can learn more about how to participate in the MMP Portfolio Licensing Program by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Patriot Scientific Corporation
Headquartered in Carlsbad, California, Patriot Scientific Corporation is a leading intellectual-property licensing company that developed key microprocessor technologies used in myriad wireless devices, smart cards, home appliances, network gateways, set-top boxes, entertainment technology, automotive telematics, biomedical devices, industrial controllers and more. Patriot Scientific has recently embarked on an aggressive business expansion initiative based on selective expansion of its IP portfolio, minority investments in early-stage technology companies and full M&A. For more information on Patriot Scientific Corporation, visit: www.ptsc.com.
Search Silicon IP
- Cummins Inc. Purchases MMP Portfolio(TM) License, According to Patriot Scientific Corporation
- Patriot Scientific's Planned Momentum Increases as Lexmark Purchases MMP(TM) Patent Portfolio License
- Patriot Scientific Confirms PENTAX Joins Growing Roster of Global Manufacturers Licensed to Use the Moore Microprocessor Patent(TM) Portfolio
- Patriot Scientific and TPL Announce New MMP Licenses and Support for Licensing and Litigation Efforts
- Patriot Scientific Momentum Continues as SanDisk Purchases Moore Microprocessor Patent(TM) Portfolio License
- Interview: Aart de Geus on AI-driven EDA
- CXL Testing Leverages PCIe Expertise
- Blue Ocean Smart System Unveils Chiplet-Based Products Powered by VeriSilicon's High-Performance Processors
- POLYN Introduces VibroSense, Industry-First Application-Specific Vibration Pre-Processing Chip Design
- Renesas Expands RISC-V Embedded Processing Portfolio with New Voice-Control ASSP Solution
- Report: Arm proposes change to IP royalty model
- Synopsys.ai Unveiled as Industry's First Full-Stack, AI-Driven EDA Suite for Chipmakers
- China forms its own chiplet standard amid isolation
- Interview: Aart de Geus on AI-driven EDA
- Networking Chip Startup Enfabrica Emerges from Stealth Mode to Solve Scalability and Price-Performance Challenges for AI Growth in Cloud
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|