SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Dec. 16, 2008
-- Xilinx, Inc. (Nasdaq: XLNX) today revised its guidance for the December quarter of fiscal 2009.
- The Company now expects December quarter sales to be down approximately 6-10% sequentially due to much weaker than anticipated sales in the month of December from a broad base of end markets. This is a revision from previous sales guidance of up 2% to down 2% sequentially.
- The Company continues to expect sales from the wireless communications and defense end markets to increase sequentially.
- Gross margin is expected to be unchanged at 63% to 64%.
- Operating expenses are expected to be approximately $175 - $177 million, lower than the Company's original forecast of approximately $180 million.
- The Company is experiencing strong demand for its Virtex-5(R) FPGA family and continues to expect strong sequential sales growth in the December quarter.
There will be no conference call held in conjunction with this release. The company will announce fiscal third quarter results after market close on January 14, 2009.
Xilinx, Inc. (NASDAQ: XLNX) is the worldwide leader of programmable logic solutions. Additional information about Xilinx is available at http://www.xilinx.com.