Denmark -- May 28th 2009
– To enable higher performances and carrier grade capacity for multi-standard radio access networks Denmark based Radiocomp today released their CPRI v4.0 compliant IP core for LTE, WCDMA, CDMA and WIMAX supporting speeds up to 6.144 Gbps independently from the selected silicon technology. The compact and market-proven CPRI v.4.0 IP core has been adopted by companies such as Altera, mimoOn and Toshiba.
“Radiocomp’s CPRI v4.0 IP core comes ready with a fully-flexible and multi-standard IQ mapping module with embedded Ethernet MAC functionality, thereby minimizing engineering efforts and time to market for standards-based radio access products for LTE, WCDMA and WIMAX. Combined with attractive pricing and a no-royalty-based licensing scheme we offer the complete plug & play package for companies developing base stations, remote radio heads and sub systems thereof”, stated Christian Lanzani, senior product manager at Radiocomp.
Based on the flexibility of the IP core, further standards such as TETRA, proprietary implementations or geographical CPRI variants can be quickly adopted thereby reducing the time to market for most wireless access technologies used in the market today.
The CPRI v4.0 IP core is immediately available and includes key features such as:
- Built-in support for LTE, WDCMA and WIMAX mapping
- 614.4/1288 Mbps/2457.6/3072/4915.2/6144 Mbps support
- Up to 24 antenna carriers per IP core
- 10/100 Ethernet MAC included
- 6.144 Gbps rates requiring a clock rate as low as 153.6 MHz to enable low-cost FPGA designs
- Seamlessly applicable for FPGA and ASIC implementations
For more information please visit:http://www.radiocomp.com/Subsystems/IP-Cores.aspx About Radiocomp
Radiocomp is a leading provider of systems and components for next generation mobile and wireless networks. Radiocomp is the first company in the world to develop and manufacture state-of-the-art, fully- software-configurable remote radio heads and components for WiMAX and LTE radio networks. Please visit Radiocomp’s web site at www.radiocomp.com