DensBits Selects ARC Storage to Silicon for Next Generation Multi-Bit Per-Cell Flash Technology
DensBits' multi-bit per-cell technology allows for the design of highly-reliable, high-performance, next generation Flash memory devices, while significantly lowering the manufacturing cost for Flash makers and making it more affordable to consumers. DensBits' technology is an ideal solution when considering high-capacity storage devices such as Solid State Drives (SSD), Flash-based HD Camcorder, HD photo cameras, and other consumer applications.
The ever increasing consumer appetite for data storage with long life retention and reliability is driving tremendous growth in Flash memory consumption by consumers. The desire to go mobile provides Flash memory technologies an advantage over mechanical Hard Disk Drives (HDD), which are heavier and less reliable while on the move.
"ARC's Storage to Silicon core is an ideal starting point for DensBits as it provides small core size, high code size efficiency, and high-scalability that can be useful to address a range of performance requirements while keeping power consumption and leakage at the bare minimum," said Ilan Hen, DensBits' CEO.
"I'm pleased that DensBits, with its unique offering for next-generation Flash technology, has chosen ARC as its core of choice," said Rafi Kedem, general manager of the ARC International Israeli Office and EMEA Sales. "Along with other Flash technology providers, DensBits is contributing to the tremendous momentum of ARC's annual volume shipment growth, which in 2008 exceeded 400 Million units," added Kedem.
About ARC International plc
ARC International is a world leading provider of consumer IP to OEM and semiconductor companies globally. ARC's award-winning, vertically integrated audio and video solutions enable high quality multimedia content to be captured, shared, and played on a wide range of electronics devices. ARC's 150+ customers collectively ship hundreds of millions of ARC-Based™ chips annually in products such as PCs and laptops, digital and mobile TVs, portable media players, flash storage, digital cameras, network appliances, and medical and government systems.
ARC International maintains a worldwide presence with corporate and research and development offices in San Jose and Lake Tahoe, Calif., St. Albans, England, St. Petersburg, Russia, and Hyderabad, India. For more information visit www.ARC.com. ARC International is listed on the London Stock Exchange as ARC International plc (LSE: ARK).
Search Silicon IP
- Starblaze Achieves First-Pass Silicon Success for Storage SoC with Synopsys ARC Processor and Interface IP
- Synopsys DesignWare IP Enables First-Pass Silicon Success for SK Hynix Universal Flash Storage Device
- Silicon Storage Technology and GLOBALFOUNDRIES Announce Qualification of Automotive Grade 55nm Embedded Flash Memory Technology
- Silicon Motion Takes an ARC License To Target Digital Multimedia and Solid State Storage Devices
- SST (Silicon Storage Technology) expands its embedded flash thrust in the wireless market with acquisition of G-Plus
- intoPIX and PlexusAV Pioneer IPMX Standard-Based AV-over-IP Solutions
- Green Hills Software adds support for production-ready RTOS and tools to Imagination Technologies' RISC-V CPUs
- Kalray Announces Production Launch of New "Coolidge™2" DPU Processor Optimized for AI and Intensive Data Processing
- Global Semiconductor Sales Increase 0.3% Month-to-Month in April
- Defacto will celebrate its 20th anniversary at DAC with customer presentations and major technical announcements
- GlobalFoundries and STMicroelectronics Finalize Agreement for New 300mm Semiconductor Manufacturing Facility in France
- Are Chiplets Enough to Save Moore's Law?
- Nanusens announces that it can now create ASICs with embedded sensors
- Consortium's Move Will Boost RISC-V Ecosystem, Thankfully
- Agile Analog launches first complete RISC-V analog IP subsystem at RISC-V Summit Europe
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|