CEVA Collaborates with Tessera to Demonstrate Embedded Image Enhancement Technologies on MM2000 Portable Multimedia Platform
YOKOHAMA, Japan -- July 6, 2009 -- TSMC Symposium -- CEVA, Inc. [(NASDAQ: CEVA); (LSE: CVA)], a leading licensor of silicon intellectual property (SIP) platform solutions and DSP cores today announced a collaboration to demonstrate Tessera's FotoNation® embedded image enhancement technologies on CEVA's portable multimedia platform, the CEVA-MM2000™. The live demonstration of these technologies will be shown in CEVA's booth at the TSMC Technology Symposium today in Yokohama, Japan.
At the show, CEVA will demonstrate the high-performance FotoNation face detection and face tracking capabilities running completely in software on CEVA's fully programmable multimedia platform. FotoNation embedded image enhancement technologies provides a full portfolio of solutions, improving image quality and enhancing, extending and simplifying picture taking for digital still cameras, cell phones, game consoles and other camera-enabled devices. Face detection and tracking are the latest additions to the broad range of video, audio and image enhancement software available for the MM2000 platform and further illustrates the extensive capabilities enabled for licensees of CEVA's fully programmable multimedia solution.
"The combination of CEVA's leadership in programmable multimedia solutions for portable devices and Tessera's innovations in embedded imaging solutions enables us to enhance the feature set offered on the MM2000 platform for a wide range of applications," said Michael Bereziuk, executive vice president, Imaging & Optics, Tessera. "Together we can bring solutions which both simplify the user's image capture experience, while optimizing the image quality of mobile camera-enabled devices, under a wide range of conditions."
"Tessera's FotoNation technology brings embedded image enhancement capabilities to the MM2000 platform and provides a valuable addition to the software offerings available for our MM2000 platform," said Eyal Ben-Avraham, vice president Partners & Ecosystem of CEVA. "The ease-of-programmability of our MM2000 platform enables our customers to truly differentiate their CEVA-based multimedia SoCs through software. Offerings such as the FotoNation technology from Tessera and other quality improvement pre/post-processing functions are vital especially for mobile devices."
About CEVA, Inc.
Headquartered in San Jose, Calif., CEVA is a leading licensor of silicon intellectual property (SIP) DSP Cores and platform solutions for the mobile handset, portable and consumer electronics markets. CEVA's IP portfolio includes comprehensive solutions for multimedia, audio, voice over packet (VoP), Bluetooth and Serial ATA (SATA), and a wide range of programmable DSP cores and subsystems with different price/performance metrics serving multiple markets. In 2008, CEVA's IP was shipped in over 300 million devices. For more information, visit www.ceva-dsp.com.
Search Silicon IP
Ceva, Inc. Hot IP
- CEVA Partners with eyeSight to Offer Hand Gesture Recognition Solution on CEVA Multimedia Platform for Portable Devices
- CEVA Unveils Industry's First Multipurpose Programmable HD Video and Image Processing Platform for Connected Multimedia Devices
- CEVA MM2000 Multimedia Solution Powers Panovasic's Apollo Family of Portable Multimedia Processors
- Sunplus mMedia Licenses CEVA's MM2000 Multimedia Solution for Portable Multimedia Processors
- CEVA MM2000 Multimedia Solution Powers Solomon Systech MagusCore High Performance Portable Multimedia Processor
- We don't compete with our customers - TSMC
- Blue Cheetah Demonstrates Industry Leading Silicon-Proven Die-to-Die Interconnect Solution for Chiplets
- Imagination launches IMG CXM, the smallest GPU to bring effortless user interfaces into homes
- PCI-SIG Certifies VectorPath Accelerator Card for PCIe Gen5 x16 @ 32 GT/s
- Apple announces multibillion-dollar deal with Broadcom for components made in the USA
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|