Syntill8 to offer Mentor Graphics' M8051 Microcontroller IP and Support Services
Mentor’s M8051 microcontroller cores have a long and successful deployment history. They have been licensed to dozens of companies for use in both ASIC and FPGA designs, and hold one of largest market shares for 8-bit microcontroller IP due to their high quality and long-standing availability. The first product in this microcontroller family, the M8051, was first released in early 1992.
With 8-bit designs continuing to account for 40% of the total microcontroller market, 8051 technology has a bright future and continues to be one of the most widely used microcontroller architectures. As the standalone controller market matures, the 8051 is increasingly finding a new role for itself performing peripheral controller functions in complex multi-processor systems. Syntill8 microcontrollers are well suited for this new typical utilization.
“The key to successfully using third party IP is to obtain a high quality product in conjunction with exceptional technical support,” said Caroline Beasley, Director of Sales and Marketing for Syntill8. “Our technical staff not only designed 75% of Mentor’s M8051 product line, they have been directly supporting Mentor’s M8051 customers for over a decade.”
“The Syntill8 team has provided Mentor customers with outstanding support for years”, said Aaik van der Poel, Mentor Graphics Continuing Engineering Division Business Unit Manager. “We are pleased to formalize our arrangement whereby Mentor can refer its M8051 customers to Syntill8 for support services. This agreement secures their 8051 investments with a path into the future with updates and upgrades when and if they are under active maintenance.”
The Mentor Graphics’ M8051 microcontroller cores and support services are now available from Syntill8. Stand-alone support contracts are directly available from Syntill8 to Mentor’s M8051 IP customers. Standard deliverables include synthesizable RTL source code and testbenches in both Verilog and VHDL. Also included as standard deliverables are simulation scripts, example netlist, in-depth documentation, and example synthesis and DFT scripts for Mentor and Synopsys flows.
About Syntill8 Ltd.
Syntill8 creates and licenses reusable microcontroller, peripheral and interfacing Intellectual Property and provides consulting services to the semiconductor industry. Visit Syntill8 on line at www.syntill8.com.
Search Silicon IP
Syntill8 Ltd. Hot IP
- Mentor Graphics Announces Embedded Linux Platform Support for Freescale Semiconductor's Most Advanced QorIQ Family of Multi-threaded 64-bit Processors
- Mentor Graphics and Carbon Design Systems Partner for Model Distribution
- Achronix and Mentor Graphics provide state of the art physical synthesis support for Speedster22i FPGAs - the world's most advanced FPGAs leveraging Intel's 22nm process technology
- Mentor Graphics Announces Commercial Linux Platform for Freescale Semiconductor's Processors Based on Power Architecture Technology; Support for New QorIQ P3 and P5 Platform
- IP Cores from IPextreme Support Mentor Graphics' Precision Synthesis FPGA Tool
- New Arm Total Compute Solutions enable a mobile future built on Arm
- Synopsys and Arm Strengthen Collaboration for Faster Bring-Up of Next-Generation Mobile SoC Designs on the Most Advanced Nodes
- M31 Technology: Q1 EPS NT$2.24, Up 75% YoY, Revenue Growth for the 19th Consecutive Month
- MediaTek Partners With NVIDIA to Provide Full-Scale Product Roadmap to the Automotive Industry
- Socionext Introduces Ultra-compact, Ultra-low-power 60GHz Radio-frequency Ranging Sensors for Automotive Applications
- TSMC lays out a killer roadmap
- Nanusens announces that it can now create ASICs with embedded sensors
- Experts Weigh Impact of Intel-Arm Collaboration
- Blue Cheetah Demonstrates Industry Leading Silicon-Proven Die-to-Die Interconnect Solution for Chiplets
- Apple announces multibillion-dollar deal with Broadcom for components made in the USA
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|