Chips&Media Delivers the Latest Full HD Codec IP Core Coda8550
Coda8550, the first IP of the next generation of Chips&Media’s advanced Coda8 series, delivers full HD(1080p) encoding capability at 30fps under 200MHz clock frequency. The core supports not only encoders, such as H.264 BP, MPEG-4 SP and H.263 P3 but also decoders, such as H.264 BP/MP/HP, MPEG-4 SP/ASP, H.263, DivX, VC-1, MPEG-2, RealVideo, AVS and Sorenson.
Coda8550 entirely offloads video encode/decode processing to hardware, requiring less than 1MIPs of CPU loads and enabling to meet stringent power and clock requirements at low silicon cost. Using pre-configurability feature, silicon area can be optimized for unique applications by selecting only the decoding formats. Also, it is offering improved and enhanced video quality and performance. Its dynamic motion search algorithm and tile-based address mapping function bring memory efficiency.
Coda8550 is targeted for a wide range of consumer applications including mobile phones, digital cameras, Blu-ray discs, portable media players, surveillance cameras and personal video recorders.
Chips&Media,Inc. (Chips&Media) is a leading video IP provider based in Seoul, Korea (Republic of). Chips&Media’s video codec technologies cover the full line-up of video standards such as MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H.263, H.264/AVC, VC-1, RealVideo and AVS from D1 to HD resolution. Its advanced ultra low power multi-codec video IP has been chosen by more than 30 top-tiers based in US, Europe, Korea, Taiwan, China and Japan and has been proven in silicon reaching 15 millions of units.
For more information, please visit www.chipsnmedia.com
Search Silicon IP
- Chips&Media to deliver CODA980, the latest video IP core with highest quality encoder
- Chips&Media delivers latest dual HD video IP core with VP8 hardware decoding capability
- RDA Selects Chips&Media's HD video technology for Mobile AP and DTV Platforms
- Chips&Media delivers its latest CODA9A0 to Freescale
- Chips&Media's Video Codec Technology Used in Freescale’s Latest i.MX 6 Series
- intoPIX and PlexusAV Pioneer IPMX Standard-Based AV-over-IP Solutions
- Green Hills Software adds support for production-ready RTOS and tools to Imagination Technologies' RISC-V CPUs
- Kalray Announces Production Launch of New "Coolidge™2" DPU Processor Optimized for AI and Intensive Data Processing
- Global Semiconductor Sales Increase 0.3% Month-to-Month in April
- Defacto will celebrate its 20th anniversary at DAC with customer presentations and major technical announcements
- GlobalFoundries and STMicroelectronics Finalize Agreement for New 300mm Semiconductor Manufacturing Facility in France
- Are Chiplets Enough to Save Moore's Law?
- Nanusens announces that it can now create ASICs with embedded sensors
- Consortium's Move Will Boost RISC-V Ecosystem, Thankfully
- Agile Analog launches first complete RISC-V analog IP subsystem at RISC-V Summit Europe
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|