Arasan Chip Systems Releases SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Software Stacks
The USB 3.0 Host and Device software stacks are compliant with the USB 3.0 v1.0 specification. The xHCI Driver is compliant with the latest xHCI v0.9 specification and replaces multiple Host Controller Interface drivers with a single driver. These high quality USB 3.0 portable stack solutions, written in ANSI C, consist of hardware and OS independent modules connected to platform specific wrappers that interface with the application software, OS and the underlying hardware. The portable software has a well documented set of API which ease application-level integration.
With a peak bandwidth of 5 Gbps, USB 3.0 is expected to be deployed in applications such as HD camcorders, high resolution digital still cameras, portable multi-media and mass storage devices, that are currently constrained by the lower bandwidth of USB 2.0. USB 3.0 adds new features for power management while increasing its capacity to charge such devices. To hasten application integration, Arasan has developed USB 3.0 drivers such as a Mass Storage Class driver. Arasan’s USB 3.0 software includes built-in support for test and debug which shortens the system development cycle. It supports all USB transfer modes such as Control, Bulk, Isochronous and Interrupt.
“The impending adoption of USB 3.0 places immense pressure on system designers to be the first to incorporate USB 3.0 in their products,” said Somnath Viswanath, Product Marketing Manager at Arasan. “The combination of Arasan’s proven Superspeed USB 3.0 IP cores with the corresponding portable software stack enable designers to easily integrate SuperSpeed USB without a lengthy porting and verification effort”. Arasan’s comprehensive portfolio of SuperSpeed USB 3.0 includes IP for Host, Device, and Hub controllers and corresponding portable software stacks and xHCI driver.
Arasan Chip Systems Inc. (www.arasan.com), based in San Jose, CA, USA, is a world leading supplier of IP and the “Total IP Solution” ranging from Intellectual Property (IP), Verification IP (VIP), Hardware Development Kits, Validation Platforms, Portable Software Drivers / Stacks, and Design Services. Arasan delivers technology-leading IP solutions like MIPI, SD / SDIO, USB, PCI, Ethernet, MMC, CE-ATA, CF+, NAND and more, to the global electronics market. Arasan’s IP portfolio enables designers to accelerate their development and simplify their production of complex system-on-chip (SoCs). Arasan provides a competitive advantage through a combination of domain expertise, silicon proven IP, hardware / software tools, and customized service… the “Total IP Solution”.
Search Silicon IP
Arasan Chip Systems Hot IP
- Hewlett Packard licenses Arasan Chip System's SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Controller IP core
- Arasan Chip Systems Demonstrates USB 3.0 IP at CES
- Jungo announces USBware support for USB 3.0
- Arasan Chip Systems Showcases Comprehensive USB 3.0 IP Portfolio at 2010 International CES
- Jungo Expands USB Collaboration with Synopsys to Include Software Support for SuperSpeed USB 3.0
- intoPIX and PlexusAV Pioneer IPMX Standard-Based AV-over-IP Solutions
- Green Hills Software adds support for production-ready RTOS and tools to Imagination Technologies' RISC-V CPUs
- Kalray Announces Production Launch of New "Coolidge™2" DPU Processor Optimized for AI and Intensive Data Processing
- Global Semiconductor Sales Increase 0.3% Month-to-Month in April
- Defacto will celebrate its 20th anniversary at DAC with customer presentations and major technical announcements
- GlobalFoundries and STMicroelectronics Finalize Agreement for New 300mm Semiconductor Manufacturing Facility in France
- Are Chiplets Enough to Save Moore's Law?
- Nanusens announces that it can now create ASICs with embedded sensors
- Consortium's Move Will Boost RISC-V Ecosystem, Thankfully
- Agile Analog launches first complete RISC-V analog IP subsystem at RISC-V Summit Europe
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|