Silicon Image Introduces New IP Core Product Family Supporting HDMI(R) 1.4 Features
SUNNYVALE, Calif. -- Jul 22, 2009 -- Silicon Image(R), Inc. (NASDAQ: SIMG), a leader in semiconductors and intellectual property for the secure distribution, presentation and storage of high-definition (HD) content, today announced that it is expanding its market-leading family of HDMI(R) semiconductor intellectual property (IP) cores to include transmitter and receiver IP cores that incorporate features of the recently announced HDMI Specification Version 1.4. The new IP cores will support 3D over HDMI, HDMI Ethernet Channel, as well as Audio Return Channel capabilities to offer an enhanced entertainment experience that brings 3D functionality to the home theatre and simplifies device connectivity.
Adding HDMI Ethernet Channel functionality allows manufacturers to consolidate the transmission of HD video, audio, data and control into a single HDMI cable for high-speed, bi-directional communication. An HDMI Ethernet Channel-enabled device can send and receive data via 100 Mbps Ethernet over an HDMI cable by utilizing the Silicon Image IP core and the customer's own Ethernet transceiver. The Audio Return Channel enables a TV to send audio streams to an HDMI attached audio/video receiver for audio processing and playback from the speaker system.
Silicon Image transmitter and receiver IP cores incorporating HDMI 1.4 features are also backward compatible with HDMI 1.3 and previous versions of the HDMI specification. The IP cores support full 48-bit Deep Color(TM) (16 bits per pixel), an HDMI 1.3 feature anticipated for use in high-end audio/video receiver and Blu-ray Disc(TM) player applications for rendering trillions of colors in stunning detail.
"With the introduction of the new IP cores, Silicon Image continues to demonstrate its HDMI technology leadership," said Ron Richter, director of business development at Silicon Image, Inc. "The new HDMI 1.4 features such as 3D over HDMI and HDMI Ethernet Channel have the potential to significantly transform consumer electronics by enabling exceptional connectivity for new personal entertainment technologies like LiquidHD(TM) for home theatre applications."
Silicon Image's LiquidHD technology is a suite of protocols that runs over standard IP networks such as those that include HDMI Ethernet Channel functionality. Designed to quickly and easily connect TVs, consumer electronics devices, personal computers, portable media devices, and home theatre into a seamless network, LiquidHD technology lets consumers enjoy their digital content from any LiquidHD-enabled source device on any LiquidHD-enabled display in the home. For more information about LiquidHD technology please visit http://www.liquidhd.com.
Silicon Image is the leading supplier of HDMI-based IP cores to semiconductor companies seeking to integrate the latest HDMI technology innovations into complex System-on-Chip (SoC) devices. The IP portfolio targets consumer electronics applications that require the interchange of video, audio, data and control information. In addition to its broad offering of HDMI technology solutions, Silicon Image also offers silicon proven IP cores for 12 mega pixel mobile phone camera applications, Serial ATA storage, and high-definition MPEG / H.264 / VC-1 video decoder applications.
Additional information on Silicon Image's IP core product portfolio can be found at http://www.siliconimage.com/iplicensing/index.aspx or obtained by contacting Ron Richter at (408) 962-4259.
About Silicon Image, Inc.
Silicon Image, Inc. is a leading provider of semiconductor and intellectual property products for the secure distribution, presentation and storage of high-definition content. With a rich history of technology innovation that includes creating industry standards such as DVI and HDMI, the company's solutions facilitate the use of digital content amongst consumer electronics, personal computer (PC) and storage devices, with the goal to securely deliver digital content anytime, anywhere and on any device. Founded in 1995, the company is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California, with regional engineering and sales offices in China, Germany, Japan, Korea, Taiwan and the United Kingdom. For more information, please visit http://www.siliconimage.com/.
Search Silicon IP
- Silicon Image Introduces First Products Incorporating HDMI 1.4 Features for DTV and Home Theatre Applications
- Silicon Image Introduces Low Power Dual-Mode Transmitter IP Core Supporting Both HDMI and MHL Connectivity Standards
- Silicon Image Introduces 300MHz Port Processors and Transmitter Supporting HDMI 1.4a
- Silicon Image Introduces World's First superMHL/HDMI 2.0 Port Processor for Next Generation Home Theater Devices
- Silicon Image Introduces New Family of MHL Transmitters with Integrated High-Speed Switch and Support for MIPI DSI Interface
- Kalray Announces Production Launch of New "Coolidge™2" DPU Processor Optimized for AI and Intensive Data Processing
- Global Semiconductor Sales Increase 0.3% Month-to-Month in April
- Defacto will celebrate its 20th anniversary at DAC with customer presentations and major technical announcements
- VeriSilicon Obtained Bluetooth 5.3 Certification for Its Complete Bluetooth Low Energy Solution
- UMC Reports Sales for May 2023
- GlobalFoundries and STMicroelectronics Finalize Agreement for New 300mm Semiconductor Manufacturing Facility in France
- Are Chiplets Enough to Save Moore's Law?
- Nanusens announces that it can now create ASICs with embedded sensors
- Consortium's Move Will Boost RISC-V Ecosystem, Thankfully
- Agile Analog launches first complete RISC-V analog IP subsystem at RISC-V Summit Europe
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|