austriamicrosystems to manufacture Triad Semiconductor's Via-Configurable SoC Solution
Triad selects austriamicrosystems advanced analog specialty 0.35µm CMOS embedded EEPROM process for its Via-Configurable Arrays (VCA) containing an advanced 32-bit processor
Unterpremstaetten, Austria and Winston Salem, NC -- July 28, 2009 -- austriamicrosystems business unit Full Service Foundry today announced at the DAC that Triad Semiconductor has selected austriamicrosystems for the production of its Via-Configurable Array (VCA) technology.
The VCA technology has been developed using austriamicrosystems advanced analog specialty 0.35µm CMOS embedded EEPROM process technology and is manufactured in austriamicrosystems state-of-the-art 8 inch SMIF fab. Triad is extending its already successful line of VCAs fabricated at austriamicrosystems with the introduction of the MochaTM product line. MochaTM is a complete system-on-chip (SoC) solution combining a high performance, low power 32-bit processor with Triad’s via configurable analog, digital, and memory resources. Unique to Triad’s patented VCA approach is the ability to configure and interconnect this rich set of resources using only a single via mask layer. This approach enables the re-use of silicon-proven IP, reduces engineering and tooling costs, and improves development time.
“The austriamicrosystems C35 specialty process contains the superior analog/mixed-signal features that our applications demand” states James Kemerling, CTO and Co-Founder of Triad Semiconductor. “Highest manufacturing quality standards and the C35 process’ mixed signal capabilities combined with the ability to embed EEPROM and high voltage options makes this an ideal process to support our new Mocha-family of configurable SoCs ”
“Triad’s via-configurable array technology enables ASIC customers to rapidly develop prototypes of their products.” states Thomas Riener, General Manager Full Service Foundry at austriamicrosystems. “It helps shorten the development phase and supports fast product ramp-ups which ultimately results in a reduced time-to-profits. Once requiring high volume production, customers can either further optimize the VCA or easily change to pure ASIC manufacturing.”
To learn more about the austriamicrosystems specialty 0.35µm embedded EEPROM technology please visit our website at http://www.austriamicrosystems.com/Process-Technology/Embedded-EEPROM
To learn more about Triad’s MochaTM-Family of via-configurable SoCs please visit Triad`s website at http://www.triadsemi.com/services/arm-powered-vcas.
Visit austriamicrosystems Foundry Services at booth #1417 at the Design Automation Conference (DAC) July 26 to 31, 2009 in San Francisco, CA, USA.
austriamicrosystems’ business unit Full Service Foundry has successfully positioned itself in the analog/mixed-signal foundry market offering well-established RF CMOS, High-Voltage CMOS, BiCMOS, SiGe-BiCMOS and embedded EEPROM processes. With superior support during the design phase, high-end tools and experienced engineers, austriamicrosystems succeeds to be an attractive analog foundry partner especially for fabless design houses.
austriamicrosystems is a leading designer and manufacturer of high performance analog ICs, combining more than 27 years of analog design capabilities and system know-how with its own state-of-the-art manufacturing and test facilities. austriamicrosystems leverages its expertise in low power and high accuracy to provide industry-leading customized and standard analog products. Operating worldwide with more than 1,000 employees, austriamicrosystems focuses on the areas of power management, sensors & sensor interfaces and infotainment in its markets Communications, Industry & Medical and Automotive, complemented by its Full Service Foundry activities. austriamicrosystems is listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange in Zurich (ticker: AMS).
About Triad Semiconductor, Inc.
Triad Semiconductor, Inc., a privately held fabless semiconductor company with headquarters in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, develops, prototypes and produces mixed-signal ASICs. The company’s groundbreaking via-configurable array (VCA) technology delivers ASICs with silicon-proven analog and digital functions more quickly and at lower cost than traditional full-custom approaches. Triad’s single-mask, via-only routing cuts engineering effort and fabrication time, resulting in fast-turn prototypes and allowing design changes to be made at minimal cost. Triad’s Fast-Full-CustomTM capabilities provide customers with rapid access to production devices and enables a seemless, low risk path to optimized ASICs for high volume production utilizing the same proven IP found in Triad’s VCAs. For more information, please visit www.triadsemi.com or call (336) 774-2150.
Search Silicon IP
- Triad Semiconductor to Introduce the World's First Via-Configurable Mixed Signal ARM Cortex-M0 Solution
- Triad Semiconductor Introduces Mocha Family to Extend Via-Configurable Array Benefits to Mixed-Signal ASIC Design
- Arrow Electronics and Triad Semiconductor Team to Offer Mixed-Signal Via-Configurable Array ASICs
- Calterah Semiconductor's Automotive Radar SoC Enters Mass Production Using Synopsys DesignWare ARC Processor IP
- Nordic Semiconductor unveils world's first dual Arm Cortex-M33 processor wireless SoC for the most demanding low power IoT applications
- Kalray Announces Production Launch of New "Coolidge™2" DPU Processor Optimized for AI and Intensive Data Processing
- Global Semiconductor Sales Increase 0.3% Month-to-Month in April
- Defacto will celebrate its 20th anniversary at DAC with customer presentations and major technical announcements
- VeriSilicon Obtained Bluetooth 5.3 Certification for Its Complete Bluetooth Low Energy Solution
- UMC Reports Sales for May 2023
- GlobalFoundries and STMicroelectronics Finalize Agreement for New 300mm Semiconductor Manufacturing Facility in France
- Are Chiplets Enough to Save Moore's Law?
- Nanusens announces that it can now create ASICs with embedded sensors
- Consortium's Move Will Boost RISC-V Ecosystem, Thankfully
- Agile Analog launches first complete RISC-V analog IP subsystem at RISC-V Summit Europe
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|