Virage Logic Introduces Volume Production-Proven SiPro PCI Express PHY IP
“Our relationship with AMD has enabled us to accelerate the expansion of our broad product portfolio with production-proven standards-based IP for PCI Express,” said Kamalesh Ruparel, vice president and general manager, Application Specific IP (ASIP) solutions, Virage Logic. “As the semiconductor industry’s trusted IP partner, we are committed to helping our customers reduce risk and speed new product development, particularly at the advanced nodes such as 40nm. The introduction of SiPro PCI Express PHY is yet another example of how we are delivering on that commitment.”
The Virage Logic SiPro PCI Express PHY is based on the successful implementation by AMD at 65nm, 55nm and 40nm, where it has been used in high-volume production for PC-oriented chipsets and graphics adaptors. PCI Express standards are typically used in high-performance applications delivering large amounts of data from point-to-point, including storage, servers, networking, communications, high-end video applications and add-on PC cards.
“AMD has a long history with Virage Logic and views them as a trusted provider of highly differentiated physical IP,” said Chekib Akrout, corporate vice president, Central Engineering, AMD. “Virage Logic has made a long-standing commitment to providing high-quality advanced semiconductor IP solutions and AMD’s internally designed, production-proven IP is the perfect complement to Virage Logic’s comprehensive product offering.”
About Virage Logic’s SiPro PCI Express PHY
The Virage Logic SiPro PCI Express Gen1/Gen2 Physical Layer (PHY) has been production proven in high-performance, low power and high-volume implementations at the most advanced process nodes to lower cost, improve performance and reduce power for complex SoC or ASIC designs. The Virage Logic SiPro PCI Express PHY is silicon proven and optimized for mass production, rigorously verified and characterized to reduce risk, improve time-to-market and maximize yield.
Availability and Pricing
The Virage Logic SiPro PCI Express Gen1/Gen2 PHY is available immediately for licensing on the industry’s leading commercial bulk 40nm process node. For more information on licensing options and pricing, please contact your local Virage Logic sales representative. For more information about SiPro PCI Express Gen1/Gen2 PHY visit www.viragelogic.com/SiPro.
About Virage Logic
Virage Logic is a leading provider of semiconductor intellectual property (IP) for the design of complex integrated circuits. The company’s highly differentiated product portfolio includes embedded SRAMs, embedded NVMs, embedded memory test and repair, logic libraries, memory development software, and interface IP solutions. As the industry’s trusted semiconductor IP partner, foundries, IDMs and fabless customers rely on Virage Logic to achieve higher performance, lower power, higher density and optimal yield, as well as shorten time-to-market and time-to-volume. For further information, visit http://www.viragelogic.com.
Search Silicon IP
- Virage Logic Expands SiPro(TM) Product Portfolio with New Production-Proven Advanced Interface IP Offerings
- Genesys Logic First to Market with PCI Express 4-lane 10Gbps PIPE PHY Chips
- Genesys Logic First to Market with PCI Express PIPE PHY Chip
- Genesys Logic Introduces PCI Express and GigaSata Serial ATA Products at IDF Spring 2005
- Genesys Logic Introduces PCI Express and GigaSata Serial ATA Products at Intel Develop Forum
- We don't compete with our customers - TSMC
- Blue Cheetah Demonstrates Industry Leading Silicon-Proven Die-to-Die Interconnect Solution for Chiplets
- Imagination launches IMG CXM, the smallest GPU to bring effortless user interfaces into homes
- PCI-SIG Certifies VectorPath Accelerator Card for PCIe Gen5 x16 @ 32 GT/s
- Apple announces multibillion-dollar deal with Broadcom for components made in the USA
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|