Altera's 40-nm Arria II GX FPGAs Achieve PCI-SIG Compliance for PCIe Express 2.0 Specification
SAN JOSE, Calif.-- July 28, 2009 --Altera Corporation today announced its 40-nm Arria® II GX FPGAs are compliant with the PCI Express® (PCIe®) 2.0 specification. The device successfully passed the PCI-SIG® Compliance and Interoperability Tests at the PCI-SIG Workshop and is now included on the PCI-SIG Integrators List. Arria II GX FPGAs achieved compliance for up to x8 lane configurations for PCIe Gen1 end-point applications.
Currently shipping, Altera's mid-range Arria II GX FPGAs feature integrated transceivers with data rates up to 3.75 Gbps, and have a hard, configurable PCIe interface embedded within the device. The device's hard IP block implements PCIe Gen1 (PIPE) PHY-MAC, data link, and transaction layers. This IP block is highly configurable to meet the requirements to support end-point and root-port applications, and is PCIe 2.0 compliant in x1-, x4- and x8-lane configurations.
"Arria II GX FPGAs are the only mid-range FPGAs that have attained PCIe 2.0 compliance," said Luanne Schirrmeister, senior director of component product marketing at Altera. "They offer 25 percent higher performance, up to 50 percent lower price and up to 50 percent lower power compared to competitive FPGAs."
Arria II GX FPGAs are targeted for applications using mainstream protocols such as PCIe and Gigabit Ethernet (GbE). The devices have up to sixteen 3.75-Gbps transceivers, 256K logic elements (LEs) and 8.5 Mbits of internal RAM.
Pricing and Availability
The Arria II GX EP2AGX125 device is currently available. Contact your Altera® sales representative for pricing. For more information about Altera's Arria II GX FPGAs, visit www.altera.com/products/devices/arria-fpgas. To learn more about the PCIe capabilities featured in Arria II GX FPGAs, visit www.altera.com/pr/products/ip/iup/pci-express.
Altera programmable solutions enable system and semiconductor companies to rapidly and cost-effectively innovate, differentiate and win in their markets. Find out more about Altera's FPGA, CPLD and ASIC devices at www.altera.com.
Search Silicon IP
Intel FPGA Hot IP
- Altera's 40-nm Stratix IV GX FPGAs Achieve PCI-SIG Compliance for the PCI Express 2.0 Architecture
- Altera Stratix V GX FPGAs Achieve PCIe Gen3 Compliance and Listing on PCI-SIG Integrators List
- Altera Transitions its 40-nm Arria II GX FPGAs to Production
- Altera Ships Arria II GX FPGAs: High-Performance, Low-Cost Transceiver FPGAs for 3-Gbps Applications
- Altera Arria GX FPGAs Enable Panasonic P2 Drive to Transfer Video Faster Than You Can Say Edit
- intoPIX and PlexusAV Pioneer IPMX Standard-Based AV-over-IP Solutions
- Green Hills Software adds support for production-ready RTOS and tools to Imagination Technologies' RISC-V CPUs
- Kalray Announces Production Launch of New "Coolidge™2" DPU Processor Optimized for AI and Intensive Data Processing
- Global Semiconductor Sales Increase 0.3% Month-to-Month in April
- Defacto will celebrate its 20th anniversary at DAC with customer presentations and major technical announcements
- GlobalFoundries and STMicroelectronics Finalize Agreement for New 300mm Semiconductor Manufacturing Facility in France
- Are Chiplets Enough to Save Moore's Law?
- Nanusens announces that it can now create ASICs with embedded sensors
- Consortium's Move Will Boost RISC-V Ecosystem, Thankfully
- Agile Analog launches first complete RISC-V analog IP subsystem at RISC-V Summit Europe
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|