Meylan, France – January 18th, 2010. The HD-BTF Dual Voltage RCSL (Reduced Cell Stem Library) is the latest demonstration of Dolphin Integration’s technical know-how on Low Power Silicon IPs.
The new HD-BTF.DV library is first released for the TSMC 180 nm uLL technological variant.
HD-BTF.DV is the custom tailored standard cell library of medical applications, power sensitive nomad applications and battery-driven industrial applications:
- With a capability to operate at 1.1 V, HD-BTF.DV enables SoC designers to adapt the voltage level for the operating mode with impressive dynamic power savings
- Functioning at 1.1 V allows dividing the power consumption by more than 3 in active mode!
Besides impressive power reduction, HD-BTF.DV is also made for guaranteeing to Fabless the lowest fabrication cost:
- Cell layout optimized to ensure the highest density after routing
- 1 metal layer used for layout enabling full routing with only 3 metal layers
- HD-BTF.DV also incorporates the latest architectural innovations from Dolphin Integration replacing classical flip-flops with their “spinner cell”
SoC power budget can now be achieved even more easily by combining the HD-BTF.DV library with Dolphin Integration’s solutions for a low power architectural implementation based on multi-voltage islets:
- The patented Cassiopeia ROM architecture with double-metal programming, dROMet
- The Pluton architecture for sRAM
- The SRI, a switching capacitor DC-DC regulator requiring only one external capacitor
With HD-BTF.DV, SoC optimization no longer requires compromise between power consumption and density!
The SOFIA benchmark is released for a free, fast and fully reliable assessment.
For more information: http://www.dolphin.fr/flip/sesame/018/sesame_018_products.html
Due to the diversity of foundries addressed, make sure to check the availability at other foundries and with various process shrinks.
About Dolphin Integration
Dolphin Integration is up to their charter as the most adaptive creator in the Microelectronics Design Industry to "enable mixed signal Systems-on-Chip". It stars a quality management stimulating reactivity for innovation and Foundry independence. Their current mission is to supply worldwide customers with fault-free, high-yield and reliable sets of CMOS Virtual Components, resilient to noise and drastic for low power-consumption, together with engineering assistance and product evolutions customized to their needs.
For more information about Dolphin, visit: www.dolphin.fr/sesame