Hauppage, New York (US), February 2, 2010 - SMSC (NASDAQ: SMSC), a leading semiconductor company that provides Smart Mixed-Signal Connectivity™ solutions, today announced the availability of its OS62420 MediaLB® Device Interface Macro IP including 6-pin support.
This new IP is designed specifically to meet high-performance data transfer requirements and offers efficient, seamless integration into systems-on-chip (SoCs). The macro offers a complete MediaLB device supporting both single-ended MediaLB 3-Pin and additionally the new differential MediaLB 6-Pin interfaces to Media Oriented Systems Transport (MOST®) Intelligent Network Controllers (INICs). The interface offers max. 1024 frame samples (FS) equaling 49.2 MBIt/s in a 48kHz MOST network in MediaLB 3-Pin mode and max. 8192 FS equaling 330 MBIt/s in MediaLB 6-Pin mode. The macro features an Advanced Microcontroller Bus Architecture (AMBA®) 2.0-compliant user interface (AMBA high performance bus and AMBA peripheral bus) for connection to the SoC’s system architecture.
MediaLB is a chip-to-chip interface that enables connectivity of application ICs with the MOST network interface controllers. MediaLB device interfaces can be implemented royalty-free. MediaLB has gained wide support with major semiconductor companies and currently there are 23 licensees using the MediaLB standard in their automotive infotainment products. Additional information is available for download at www.medialb.de. Key features of the OS62420 device interface macro block include:
About SMSC’s Automotive Product Line
- Implements MediaLB specification-compliant link layer
- Supports all MediaLB/MOST network data types including: control, asynchronous, synchronous and isochronous
- Supports 63 logical channels, configurable for any channel type and direction
- Flexible and scalable implementation designed for all MOST network system configurations (MOST25/50/150)
- Supports single-ended 3-Pin and differential 6-Pin physical layers
- Speed modes for MediaLB 3-Pin (@ 48kHz MOST network): 256FS (12.3 Mbit/s), 512FS (24.6 Mbit/s), 1024FS (49.2 Mbit/s)
- Speed modes for MediaLB 6-Pin (@ 48kHz MOST network) 2048FS (89.1 Mbit/s), 3072FS (133.6 Mbit/s), 4096FS (179.7 Mbit/s), 6144FS (247.3 Mbit/s), 8192FS (330.2 Mbit/s)
- AMBA high-performance bus
- AMBA specification revision 2.0 AHB-compliant bus master interface for data transfer to and from system memory
- AMBA peripheral bus
- AMBA Specification Revision 2.0 APB-compliant slave interface for configuration
- Supports burst-capable DMA mode
- Supports customer-implemented RAM used for channel data buffering
SMSC’s Automotive Information Systems is a supplier of TrueAuto™ infotainment and information semiconductor solutions to major automakers, including Audi, BMW, Daimler, Hyundai/Kia, Jaguar, Land Rover, Porsche, Toyota and Volvo. SMSC is a founding member of the MOST Cooperation, a cooperative of automakers, automotive systems architects and manufacturers and key components suppliers working to extend and refine the MOST® standard for the evolving requirements of automotive multimedia networking. Additional information is available at www.smsc-ais.com. About SMSC
SMSC is a leading developer of Smart Mixed-Signal Connectivity™ solutions. SMSC employs a unique systems level approach that incorporates a broad set of technologies and intellectual property to deliver differentiating products to its customers. The company is focused on delivering connectivity solutions that enable the proliferation of data in personal computers, automobiles, portable consumer devices and other applications. SMSC’s feature-rich products drive a number of industry standards and include USB, MOST® automotive networking, embedded system control and analog solutions, including thermal management and RightTouch™ capacitive sensing. SMSC is headquartered in New York and has offices and research facilities in North America, Asia, Europe and India. Additional information is available at www.smsc.com.