CEVA LTE-Lib™ highly optimized Library for CEVA-XC processor developed in cooperation with leading LTE vendors
SAN JOSE, Calif. – February 08, 2010 – CEVA Inc, [(NASDAQ: CEVA); (LSE: CVA)], the leading licensor of silicon intellectual property (SIP) platform solutions and DSP cores, today announced the availability of CEVA LTE-Lib™, a highly optimized, comprehensive LTE software library for the CEVA-XC family of communication processors. Developed in cooperation with leading LTE vendors, CEVA-XC licensees can leverage this LTE library to significantly reduce development costs and time-to-market for their LTE software modem designs.
CEVA LTE-Lib is a set of C-callable, optimized functions addressing the entire LTE transceiver chain as well as common signal processing and communication kernels. Fully compliant with 3GPP Rel-8 specifications, the LTE software library constitutes a key component of CEVA’s offering for LTE, giving CEVA-XC licensees a considerable head start in their software development process. The library implements the most demanding LTE PHY algorithms enabling licensees to minimize their project risks and ensure optimal performance in their LTE system.
The library algorithms and implementation were evaluated and benchmarked against hardware-based designs using leading vendors’ reference algorithms. Crucially, the CEVA-XC processor architecture was defined in conjunction with these library algorithms, resulting in the processor delivering the industry’s highest processing capabilities combined with a flexible programming model.
“Providing a comprehensive and fully optimized LTE software library for our CEVA-XC processor constitutes a key component of our strategy for LTE,” said Erez Bar-Niv, CTO of CEVA. “The design and certification processes for LTE devices are extremely complex, and supplying these pre-optimized software libraries to our licensees helps to significantly reduce their development investment.”
CEVA LTE-Lib™ Modules & Implementations
- The LTE library is built out of the following main modules:
- DL library functions, including: FFT, Pilot extraction, demapper, channel estimation, MIMO detectors, descrambler, etc.
- UL library functions, including: Turbo-Encoder, Sub-Block Interleaver, Rate-matching, DFT, PRACH, etc.
- DSP library functions, including: decimation filters, auto-correlation, FIR (complex, semi-complex, real), LMS, matrix mathematics, etc.
- The LTE library offers a generic flexible implementation, adaptable to multiple LTE profiles and use cases including:
- Different MIMO configurations: MIMO2x2, MIMO4x4, etc.
- Different modulation types: QAM64, QAM16, QPSK
- Different channel estimation algorithms: linear interpolation, 2Dx1D Wiener, 2D Wiener, etc.
- Different MIMO detectors: MMSE, SBFC, MLD, etc.
CEVA / mimoOn LTE Demonstration
At Mobile World Congress, February 15-18 in Barcelona Spain, CEVA will debut a real-time LTE user equipment demonstration based on the CEVA-XC processor and CEVA LTE-lib software libraries in collaboration with LTE PHY partner, mimoOn. The demonstration platform will feature streaming video using MIMO2x2 and QAM64. CEVA’s booth is located at 1G45, in Hall 1.
About CEVA, Inc.
Headquartered in San Jose, Calif., CEVA is the leading licensor of silicon intellectual property (SIP) DSP Cores and platform solutions for the mobile handset, portable and consumer electronics markets. CEVA’s IP portfolio includes comprehensive technologies for cellular baseband (2G / 3G / 4G), multimedia, HD audio, voice over packet (VoP), Bluetooth, Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) and Serial ATA (SATA). In 2009, CEVA's IP was shipped in over 330 million devices, including handsets from all top five handset OEMs – Nokia, Samsung, LG, Motorola and Sony Ericsson. Today, more than one in every four handsets shipped worldwide is powered by a CEVA DSP core. For more information, visit www.ceva-dsp.com