CEVA-XCnet™ brings together critical technology enablers for SoC design based on CEVA-XC™ processor
SAN JOSE, Calif., February 08, 2010 -- CEVA, Inc. [(NASDAQ: CEVA); (LSE: CVA)], the leading licensor of silicon intellectual property (SIP) platform solutions and DSP cores, today announced its CEVA-XCnet Partnership Program, a comprehensive network of strategic third-party technology suppliers that together form a robust infrastructure around the CEVA-XC communications processor.
The CEVA-XC processor is designed and optimized for high-performance, low power communications processing, targeting SDR solutions including LTE and WiMAX for mobile terminals and infrastructure. The CEVA-XCnet extends CEVA-XC’s high performance and ease of programmability with a unique community addressing the different development needs of multi-standard soft-modem solutions.
CEVA-XCnet brings together companies with a variety of critical and complementary technologies: wireless software and hardware IPs for 3G and 4G applications, DSP software design services, RTOS, SoC level prototyping and simulation tools. CEVA-XCnet members gain in-depth understanding of the CEVA-XC architecture, development environment and libraries, and have a direct link to CEVA’s internal R&D resources. Consequently, CEVA-XCnet reduces development costs and risks and significantly accelerates the development of advanced wireless communications solutions.
“CEVA has a long history of forging strong partnerships with industry-leading technology suppliers that enable our mutual customers to develop full featured SoC products that meet specific market needs. With the CEVA-XCnet Program we have taken this model to a new level, focusing specifically on the unique requirements of advanced wireless communications needs – LTE, WiMAX, HSPA+, SDR – and bringing together a wide array of expertise and technology that can be used to meet these very demanding development challenges,” said Eran Briman vice president of Marketing at CEVA.
The initial partners in the CEVA-XCnet Program are:
- ArrayComm, a provider of comprehensive LTE and WiMAX physical layer solutions for wireless infrastructure and client device applications. ArrayComm’s Multi-Antenna Signal processing (A MAS™) software combines MIMO, beamforming, and interference cancellation to improve end user experiences and radio network economics.
- Aricent®, a global innovation technology and services firm focused exclusively on communications and a leading supplier of end-to-end LTE software frameworks as well as telecom design, R&D and integration services. The company’s library of over 125 licensable products, including communication modules and software stacks and pre-packaged frameworks jumpstart development cycles and help reduce design costs.
- Carbon Design Systems, which provides virtual platform modeling design solutions. Its system validation solution for complex SoC designs provides critical components for accurate architectural analysis and pre-silicon hardware/software validation.
- ENEA, a global supplier of RTOS and development tools for embedded applications. Annually deployed on over 100 million DSP targets, Enea OSEck is a full featured, compact, RTOS optimized to suit the specific requirements of high performance, memory constrained applications including single and multi-core devices.
- IPG Communications, a provider of hardware and software communication IP and engineering services for mobile broadband. The company has developed advanced signal processing technologies for HSPA/HSPA+ for 3GPP standard release 8 with significant cost and power advantage.
- Lauterbach, the leading manufacturer of JTAG debuggers and real-time trace tools. Highest quality, innovation and expert support have lead to Lauterbach's worldwide leadership in the JTAG and in-circuit-emulator market.
- mimoOn, is the LTE pioneer in end-to-end software implementation and system design on SDR platforms. The company’s scalable and modular 3GPP LTE infrastructure software families “mi!FemtoTM & mi!PicoTM” and terminal software family “mi!MobileTM” allows equipment manufacturers to fully exploit the numerous benefits of SDR.
- P-Product, a CEVA certified software design center. It specializes in developing, optimizing and porting communications, audio and video algorithms and applications for embedded CEVA DSP platforms. P-Product has extensive expertise in LTE and WiMAX technologies
- TurboConcept, originated as a spin-off from Telecom Bretagne where turbo codes were invented. It’s silicon-proven wireless PHY Cores offer the best level of performance in terms of silicon cost and power consumption and support three PHY layer specifications: HSPA, LTE and WiMAX.
The CEVA-XC is a high-performance, low-power configurable DSP designed specifically for 4G mobile handsets and wireless infrastructure. Even in its minimum configuration, a single CEVA-XC core can handle a complete 4G transceiver path in software. This single-core architecture eliminates the need for heterogeneous designs with multiple coprocessors, accelerators, or SIMD engines—and thus reduces time-to-market and software design complexity.
As a fully programmable solution, the CEVA-XC supports multiple air interfaces in software, including LTE, WiMAX, HSPA, 3G, and 2G. CEVA’s highly innovative power scaling unit (PSU) approach makes CEVA-XC up to four times more power efficient than general purpose DSPs.
About CEVA, Inc.
CEVA is the leading licensor of silicon intellectual property (SIP) DSP Cores and platform solutions for the mobile handset, portable and consumer electronics markets. CEVA’s IP portfolio includes comprehensive technologies for cellular baseband (2G / 3G / 4G), multimedia, HD audio, voice over packet (VoP), Bluetooth, Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) and Serial ATA (SATA). In 2009, CEVA's IP was shipped in over 330 million devices, including handsets from all top five handset OEMs – Nokia, Samsung, LG, Motorola and Sony Ericsson. Today, more than one in every four handsets shipped worldwide is powered by a CEVA DSP core. For more information, visit www.ceva-dsp.com