LONDON, ON—September 13, 2010—Microtronix, a leading producer of highly integrated video imaging and intellectual property (IP) development solutions, today announced the release of the new Lancero. The new version targeting high bandwidth FPGA PCI Express applications now supports x8 PCI Express.
Lancero is a complete scatter-gather DMA PCI-Express solution for Altera FPGAs and processors running Linux.
- 1, 2, 4 and 8 lanes PCI-Express (Gen1/Gen2).
- Bidirectional read/write, read only, write only and target only configurations.
- Configurable DMA data widths.
- Asynchronous PCI-Express and DMA clock domains.
- 32 and 64-bits addressing.
- MSI and legacy interrupts.
- Altera SOPC Builder ready.
- Altera Stratix IV GX, Arria II GX and Cyclone IV GX.
- Intel x86, Intel Atom, PowerPC and ARM processors.
The next Lancero release will offer Windows driver support. We are currently looking for Windows customers, interested in participating in our beta test program to provide feedback on the Windows driver.
The new Lancero supporting x8 PCI Express is available immediately through the Microtronix Webstore and through our International Distributor Network.
An evaluation design is available for the Altera Stratix IV GX, Arria II GX and Cyclone IV GX development boards. To test drive the Lancero on your own hardware, please contact Microtronix.
Microtronix has been in business for over 30 years. The company had its beginning as a designer of custom networking equipment targeted at the TELCO marketplace. The company has intensified their engineering skills on a line of embedded networking products and on providing a turnkey engineering design-development service from product concept through to full production. Microtronix specializes in the rapid development of FPGA-based hardware, IP cores, printed circuit boards and software solutions for embedded applications.