First MIPS-Based Smartphones and Tablets Debut
MIPS Technologies to Showcase Mobile Devices at International CES
INTERNATIONAL CES, LAS VEGAS, Nev. - January 4, 2011 - MIPS Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: MIPS), a leading provider of industry-standard processor architectures and cores for digital consumer, home networking, wireless, communications and business applications, announced today that it will show MIPS-Based mobile devices in its suite at International CES this week. The company will show two MIPS-Based smartphones and several MIPS-Based tablets. Devices are based on systems-on-chips (SoCs) from MIPS licensees including Actions Semiconductor and Ingenic Semiconductor.
The MIPS-Based tablets featuring the Ingenic SoCs are available now. Velocity Micro offers the Cruz Tablets, which can be purchased through major retailers including Amazon, Best Buy, Walmart.com, Borders and many others. More information on these products is available at www.cruzreader.com. The two smartphones are in pre-production now. Further details will be disclosed in the coming weeks. To schedule a demonstration of MIPS-Based mobile devices, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
"Less than a year ago, MIPS announced its intention to enter the mobile market, leveraging a confluence of industry dynamics and technologies including the Android platform and the move to 4G networks. We have signed more than eight mobile-related customers to-date for applications processing, media processing, baseband processing and other technologies in e-readers, tablets, netbooks and mobile handsets. The fact that we can now show these devices-including MIPS-Based smartphones-is a solid endorsement of our strategy," said Sandeep Vij, president and CEO, MIPS Technologies.
For mobile devices, MIPS Technologies offers a range of processor cores and architectures, from small footprint cores with advanced levels of code compression, to some of the industry's highest performing multiprocessing solutions. MIPS processors offer high performance, low power consumption and cost efficiency supported by a rapidly expanding mobile ecosystem.
About MIPS Technologies, Inc.
MIPS Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: MIPS) is a leading provider of industry-standard processor architectures and cores that power some of the world's most popular products for the home entertainment, communications, networking and portable multimedia markets. These include broadband devices from Linksys, DTVs and digital consumer devices from Sony, DVD recordable devices from Pioneer, digital set-top boxes from Motorola, network routers from Cisco, 32-bit microcontrollers from Microchip Technology and laser printers from Hewlett-Packard. Founded in 1998, MIPS Technologies is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California, with offices worldwide. For more information, contact (408) 530-5000 or visit www.mips.com.
Search Silicon IP
- Opera Mobile Comes to MIPS-Based Android Tablets
- Altair Semiconductor to Bring its Leading LTE Chipset to MIPS-Based Android 4.0 "Ice Cream Sandwich" Tablets from Ingenic
- MIPS Technologies Teams with Gameloft to Bring Popular HD Games to MIPS-Based Android Tablets
- Sierraware makes Global Platform compliant Trusted Execution Environment (TEE) available for MIPS-based devices
- Imagination and Mentor Graphics collaborate to speed verification of MIPS-based designs with Veloce and Codelink
- Green Hills Software adds support for production-ready RTOS and tools to Imagination Technologies' RISC-V CPUs
- Kalray Announces Production Launch of New "Coolidge™2" DPU Processor Optimized for AI and Intensive Data Processing
- Global Semiconductor Sales Increase 0.3% Month-to-Month in April
- Defacto will celebrate its 20th anniversary at DAC with customer presentations and major technical announcements
- VeriSilicon Obtained Bluetooth 5.3 Certification for Its Complete Bluetooth Low Energy Solution
- GlobalFoundries and STMicroelectronics Finalize Agreement for New 300mm Semiconductor Manufacturing Facility in France
- Are Chiplets Enough to Save Moore's Law?
- Nanusens announces that it can now create ASICs with embedded sensors
- Consortium's Move Will Boost RISC-V Ecosystem, Thankfully
- Agile Analog launches first complete RISC-V analog IP subsystem at RISC-V Summit Europe
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|