TranSwitch to Demonstrate the Industry's Most Advanced IP Core Solutions for High Definition Video at 2011 International CES
TranSwitch will be Showcasing its patented HDP™ core at Las Vegas Hilton Suite 336 at the 2011 International CES in Las Vegas, from January 6th to 9th, 2011
Shelton, CT – January 5, 2011 – TranSwitch® Corporation, Inc. (Nasdaq: TXCC) today announced that it will be showcasing its patented HDP™ technology, the industry’s most advanced High Definition Multimedia Interface™ (HDMI™) and DisplayPort™ integrated solution, at CES International 2011 with live demonstrations of HD-PXL 1.4, the Company’s latest intellectual property (IP) core. HDP™ is a cutting-edge technology developed by TranSwitch for High Definition Television (HDTV) and 3-Dimensional Television (3D-TV). It combines both HDMI™ HDMI™ 1.4 and DisplayPort™ in one single physical layer (PHY) enabling HDTV and 3D-TV manufacturers to support either standard with a single connector.
Conceived from TranSwitch’s HDP™ technology, the HD-PXL 1.4 HD-PXL 1.4 IP core, with bandwidth over 10Gbps, has been developed to meet all HDMI™ 1.4 resolution requirements including 1080p at 60Hz, the highest resolution for 3D televisions, and 4K x 2K, the resolution required for digital theatres. In addition, this IP core supports Ethernet over HDMI™ (HEC), and includes the audio return channel (ARC), which eliminates the need for separate audio cables between televisions and home entertainment systems. The result is a technology that elevates the home entertainment experience to new levels of picture quality for consumers while simplifying the overall manufacturing process for HDTV and 3D-TV manufacturers.
According to In-Stat :
- By 2013, one in five new TVs sold in the US will be 3D.
- Year-over-year shipment growth will be 231% between 2010 and 2011, resulting in a doubling of the US installed base of units for 3DTVs from 2010 to 2011.
“Visitors to CES 2011 will be very excited to see firsthand the driving role played by TranSwitch in delivering the very highest standards in 3D television viewing,” reports Amir Bar-Niv, Vice President for Systems and Applications at TranSwitch Corporation. “The ‘3D’ buzz created by movie studios has found its way into the home entertainment marketplace and our HD-PXL 1.4 core will play a significant role in helping OEMs to realize the full potential of 3D television viewing experiences, while also pushing the boundaries of video gaming to a whole new experiential level.”
“In addition, our HDP™ technology continues to be successfully adopted by major semiconductor companies requiring a solution that provides an interface for both consumer electronic HDMI™ products such as 3-D TV and PCs (which use DisplayPort™ connections). Unlike anything else in the marketplace today, HDP™ is a highly innovative, technological breakthrough that empowers OEMs to deliver an easy-to-use, extremely high performance bridge between multiple consumer electronics product segments.”
HDP™ Product Fact & Highlights:
- Single PHY that supports both HDMI™ 1.4 and DisplayPort™ 1.1
HD-PXL 1.4 IP core Highlights:
- Supports full-rate HDMI™ 1.4 and meets all HDMI™ 1.4 specifications including ARC and HEC
- Supports all 3D-TV resolutions and 4Kx2K
- Offering both transmitter and receiver cores
- Supports TranSwitch’s AnyCable™ technology, the highest performance receiver that can work with any low-cost HDMI™ cable.
For an appointment to see these exciting new innovations at 2011 International CES, please call +1-510.771.3410 or email the company at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About TranSwitch Corporation
TranSwitch Corporation (NASDAQ: TXCC) is a leading provider of semiconductor solutions in the rapidly growing segments of the consumer electronics and telecommunications markets. Founded in 1988, TranSwitch® is headquartered in Shelton, CT. The company designs and develops innovative silicon integrated circuits and intellectual property solutions to deliver best-in-class voice and video quality for the next generation of multimedia over IP, while providing the customer support needed for the fastest time-to-market. For more information, please visit www.transwitch.com.
Search Silicon IP
- TranSwitch to Unveil Latest High Definition Video Interconnect Technology at 2010 International CES
- TranSwitch Introduces HDwire, The World's Fastest, High Definition Video Panel Interface Solution
- Broadcom's New International Cable Set-Top Box SoC Solutions Drive Compelling High Definition TV and Advanced Connectivity
- Mentor's High Density Advanced Packaging solution certified for Samsung Foundry's most advanced packaging process
- Evatronix to Demonstrate the Future of Video Streaming at the Flash Memory Summit
- Kalray Announces Production Launch of New "Coolidge™2" DPU Processor Optimized for AI and Intensive Data Processing
- Global Semiconductor Sales Increase 0.3% Month-to-Month in April
- Defacto will celebrate its 20th anniversary at DAC with customer presentations and major technical announcements
- VeriSilicon Obtained Bluetooth 5.3 Certification for Its Complete Bluetooth Low Energy Solution
- UMC Reports Sales for May 2023
- GlobalFoundries and STMicroelectronics Finalize Agreement for New 300mm Semiconductor Manufacturing Facility in France
- Are Chiplets Enough to Save Moore's Law?
- Nanusens announces that it can now create ASICs with embedded sensors
- Consortium's Move Will Boost RISC-V Ecosystem, Thankfully
- Agile Analog launches first complete RISC-V analog IP subsystem at RISC-V Summit Europe
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|